Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Samsung Computer Monitor Not Working

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  majortom 
#1 ·
I have two Samsung Sync master 2253bw monitors for my computer and one stopped working. when I turn it on it lights up shows the desktop screen says analog the digital in the top left corner then turns off. At first I thought capacitors and when I opened it up there were 2 blown so I changed them and put it back together, nothing still doing the same thing. I took the one that works apart and put the power supply from the broken one in the good and it works so I tried vise versa and nothing. so I am guessing the only thing it can be is the lcd screen? is there anything else I should check and if this is the problem why does it work for a second or two. also can it be fixed?

#2 ·
You can find a service manual online using google. Took me all but 30 seconds to sift through results. It does have a few troubleshooting tips if you are competent with electronics repair, may be helpful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.