Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

VPN Help

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  tux 
#1 ·
I have a Cisco DPC3825 DOCSIS 3.0 Gateway Router and I want to put it in VPN Mode so that I can view American Content.

I'm with Rogers Cable

How do I do it ?

And what program or website can I use ?

#2 ·
Hi, CanWebada:

The Cisco DPC3825 is a combination cable modem/router. Although Cisco advertises a number of features including VPN passthrough on this modem, the features that are available will vary from one internet provider to the next. For help with router settings on the Rogers DPC3825, I recommend that you consult the Rogers High Speed Internet and Home Phone forum.

As far as accessing American content, there's an entire forum on that, the Internet Television: Streaming Services including Netflix and Apple TV forum. In general, you need to subscribe to a service that fools the site's geolocation into thinking your in the USA. Most services have a small monthly fee to do this, and depending on the service it's either done via VPN or through changing your DNS server addresses. More detail is available in that forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.