Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Google Now Desktop

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  TKG26 
#1 ·
Looks like Google Now features are finally making their way onto Chrome desktop. Saw a traffic update, in advance of the evening commute, appear on my desktop as a slide out. I get these updates on my phone but today was the first time I've seen it appear on my desktop.

#2 ·
It was possible to manually enable Google Now with the previous version of Chrome so I've been enjoying those updates for a few months. I also use the "PushBullet" app on my Android to also push my phone notifications to Chrome along with the Google Now feed. Quite neat.

#4 ·
I like to be notified when the phone is ringing, but I can't hear it 'cause I have the headphones on. Or notified when the battery is low (I forget to put it on charge sometimes). Have my "Deliveries" app (package tracking app) notify me on Chrome when there's a change. I mean dealing with any kind of possible notifications that can come from your phone. All mixed in with Google Now. I'm really liking it.

And don't mind my enthusiasm. I just switched to Android a month ago.

#6 ·
hmmm just noticed my chrome was not updating. admin settings prevented updating. .. Gonna see if i can get this thing updated. Wanna try this new feature

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.