Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

MTS Bundle Total Home Phone Package

16K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Owen 
#1 ·
MTS, Total Phone

$40/mth. Includes 4 calling features (VM ,call display etc.) Unlimited anytime Canadian/US Ld. Must be Internet and /or TV subscriber. Sign me up;)

#4 ·
http://www.mts.ca/portal/site/mts/m...8767d7e7010VgnVCM1000000408120aRCRD&section=1

Looks like a great deal to me... you get local calling, 4 calling features and Unlimited US/Canada for $40,

The way they get around this with the CRTC is $35 for the phone and calling features and $5 for the unlimited US/Canada long distance.

Now the terms of condition confuse me.

Its obviously exclusive for bundlers.

If I go switch to MTS internet can I get this deal?

Or is it 2 out of the TV, Internet, and Cell business?

Its actually pretty competitive with Shaw this plan.

BTW, still on topic with this sub-forum... does anyone else get this: I think to get me on there LD a few years back they offered me free call waiting. I am no longer on MTS LD (Primus LD now) and I receive Call Waiting free all these years.

I also have a close friend who pays nothing for MTS Voice Mail.

Is this just a strange mix-up or do they do this with lots of people.

I also pay a pricy $7 / month for Call Display :eek:

#5 ·
First off - already a thread on this: http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=52380

But I've been on this plan for 2 months now. I have both MTS TV and Internet, but according to their page, you only need to subscribe to one of those to get this package. So yes - if you switch to MTS High Speed Internet, you are eligible for this package.

With me - I get this phone plan, plus the $15 in bundle savings. I am paying $120 a month after taxes for High Speed Internet, TV with 6 bundles and my phone/LD. Comparable plan on Shaw would be $160 after taxes. Now THAT'S savings! (Now only if MTS TV would get a decent HD package, I wouldn't have to switch to Starchoice...)

#6 ·
Sorry, if I could delete this I would.

Hopefully a mod will see it and put it in the other one.

So here is my plan...

My contract with Rogers Wireless expires This June.

June I will get the MTS Insiders Plan, and MTS middle of the road internet ($30 for first 12 months), and get the MTS long distance plan.

Wow, except for BEV, I would be completely MTS reliant. Think of the horror...

#10 ·
They've started rolling out MTS TV in Brandon. They just updated a bunch of areas in Winnipeg and Brandon. If I were westmanguy, I'd call MTS and get on the list for MTS TV, and see if they wouldn't discount him the $5 anyways because it isn't available (if it isn't). I mean, why not ask?

In any case, you don't need MTS TV for this great phone package (that blows any reason for Shaw Phone out of the water). You just need internet instead.

#11 · (Edited)
Nah.. not interested in MTS TV...

Besides having Video On Demand, it has nothing new to offer...

I am already on BEV now...

Westman Cable will die out sadly... they don't even have VOD up yet... and MTS is jumping in the market with huge bundling discouts... Westman should sell out to Shaw... Sigh....

--- Edit: Westman is going 100% MTS in my area....

My reasons:

Westman Cable - Internet: $27 - 256 kbps / download
MTS Internet : $30 - 5000 kbps / download

Phone Bill-

Current - MTS Local - $20
MTS Call Display - $7
Unlimited Canada Long Distance (Primus) - $22
911 fee - $1
----------
$50

MTS - Local, 4 features, unlimited US & Canada - $40

Cellular - MTS Insiders Plus ... with access fees and 9/11 fee.... $27

Current with Rogers.... $50

Having MTS Cellular + Internet = $10 savings

_-----------------------

I will be saving about $50 / month on MTS...

What can I say... they got a good product out there.....

#12 ·
MTS Vs Shaw

My 80 year old father is moving into a retirment home, and needs phone and T.V!
So I phoned Shaw/Star first, $45.00 for the phone and $50.00 for the full cable package. (yes I know the deals, 29.95 for the phone for 6 months, no deals on T.V) It is after the deal price in what I am interested in.

Second call was MTS, and to my surprise they kicked Shaws a$$. $40.00 for the phone and L.D in Total Phone Package and $29.95 for T.V for 1 year, total cost for the month is $80.00 (rounded up )

So it looks like it will be MTS. Surprised that Shaw/Star is not that compeitive. $95.00 per month Shaw/Star, MTS $80.00 per month for the first year. Oh well the move is not til 3 rd week of Jan, MTS will hold it till then and if a new deal is on and it is better he can get it. Shaw/Star offered him nothing!!!:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.