Remote Code for Panasonic TC-26LX85 LCDTV - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 2009-01-13, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Question Remote Code for Panasonic TC-26LX85 LCDTV

Hi:

I am having difficulty trying to find a remote control code for my LCDTV. I have a ER1 remote on a SA Explorer 3290 SD Box. I can't seem to find a code that will allow the ER1 remote to change the TV's volume. It will only change the SD Box volume. I have tried the suggested Panasonic codes in the er1 leaflet and one of the Panasonic codes will turn the set on and off and some other functions but does not control the tv's volume. I have also tried the code search function without much luck.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or has the same tv and sdb or similar.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 2009-01-13, 03:23 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
I'm not that familiar with the ER1 remote, but assume it's a 3 or 4 button remote (3-4 buttons on top for devices)? You may wish to swap this remote for one of the newer 5-button remotes. Just call a Rogers store and tell them you need the additional functionality. You should then be able to properly programme the remote to do what you want.

Also see post 5 of the following SA Tips thread:

57 FAQ - Tips For SA (Cisco) STBs. (also Pace)

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 2009-01-13, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks 57 it's actually a 2 button VCR and TV. I guess I might have to try the swap at the Rogers store. I had a feeling, this model remote might be too aged for my model tv.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 2009-01-15, 07:41 PM

The code for most Panasonic TVs and the 3-button remote (It has VCR, TV, CBL, right?) is 264.

Follow these steps:
Press and hold down SELECT and TV together until the red light at the top of the remote blinks 2 times
Let go of both buttons, enter the code 264.
Press TV, it should turn off the TV.
If it doesn't, try the code 065

Assuming that it does (or if it already turns off the TV without doing these steps) do the following:

Press and hold SELECT and CBL together until the red light blinks twice.
Let go and enter 993, followed by TV

This should now allow your volume to be controlled through the television.

Last edited by Mythorn; 2009-01-15 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Wrong Codes
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 2009-01-16, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

It Worked!!

Thanks Mythorn! The code 993 did the trick!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 2009-01-16, 04:06 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
Code 993 is the code for setting a global volume lock so that even when you're on CBL, the volume buttons control a particular device.

This first requires programming in the correct TV code. Had you pressed the TV button, the volume on the TV should have gone up and down before.

This should all be covered in the operating manual for the remote.

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.