Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

One Receiver - Two TVs - Splitting Digital Signal - HELP

10K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  awebber 
#1 ·
I have currently have two Roger PVRs, two Digital Adapters, and access to the Rogers Anyplace TV App.

I just bought two new televisions to be used in my recreation room/pool room. My intent is to have a larger 60 inch TV connected in the sitting area and the smaller 28 inch connected above the bar with two full motion mounts that could both been seen at the same time. I will mostly be watching sports on these TVs.

Wiring will not be an issue.

My initial thought was to use the Rogers Anyplace TV App and live stream the broadcasts simultaneously, but the TVs do not allow for these apps and I am not sure of a solution to accomplish this.

I also looked into screen mirroring from a PC to a TV, but I am not sure if I can get the simultaneous feed to both TVs mirroring off of the PC with access to the Rogers Anyplace TV. I would welcome any suggestions.

Is it possible to split the HD signal (HDMI) from one HD box and watch the same show on both TVs simultaneously off of one feed using a Rogers HD Box?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

See less See more
#2 ·
You would need to stream from something which has the anyplaceTV app.. which may be limited as to what devices.

If you want to have both off a PC.. MIGHT be doable. If you want them both to always have the same.
You can set up multiple screens, mirrored, without much issue.
The trick would be, then if say outputing from a laptop.. you would need to do the HDMI split.
From a desktop, with the right video card, you can do dual HDMI out, but you have to sometimes do a little more, as the HDMI doesnt always output audio by default (without a sometimes a SPDIF link from the board to the card, etc)

HDMI splitters do exist so would work in either scenario. Just make sure its a SPLITTER and not a switch.
Just dont cheap out on what splitter. cheap ones may not always be HDCP compatable.. and could have issues with some devices.

#5 ·
Is it possible to split the HD signal (HDMI) from one HD box and watch the same show on both TVs simultaneously off of one feed using a Rogers HD Box?
Sure, just get yourself an HDMI splitter as mentioned in a previous post. Also, as mentioned, get a good splitter, or one that you can easily return if it doesn't do what you want.

#8 · (Edited)
Would this also work with whatever a Rogers NextBox HD Terminal is? I hate that they don't mention numbers of the boxes, I guess it's a branding thing?

An older relative has a 37" TV full-motion mounted on the wall, HDMI-connected to Rogers terminal below it. They can see it okay from the couch but not from bed (they'd have to lie on their side, and it's an adjustable bed so not practical). I was thinking of putting a similar sized TV on the small desk at the foot of the bed (it would actually be a sightline about 3' longer, so maybe a cheap 43" or something). Probably about a 25' cable, can I do that with component or would I need to swap the HDMI and use 5' of component to the existing? If I run only RGB to the new TV then I wouldn't have to worry about sound from both TVs. They won't be able to conceptualize pointing the remote at the TV they're not watching, and even changing channels in that position would be a mind bender (unless I could run an IR extender 25').

Any thoughts on whether this is practical, and about the IR extender which I just thought of? :)

Thanks!
=aw

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.