Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Showcase West & Tropic West Still On Air?

5K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  alebowgm 
#1 ·
According to BTV it say Showcase West & Tropic West will no longer be broadcasting/showing programing, when you tune those channels you get the east feed. Since I no longer have those channels with Rogers are these in deed off the air? According to the IPG it says programing is still available for the west feeds on Rogers IPG?

#6 ·
EastLink via Twitter informed me that....

Shaw Media decided to consolidate east and west TV Trop feed. We will align with remaining feed. More later...
Nice keeping everyone in the loop there guys....and I'm directing that at Shaw.;)

#10 ·
As much as you might want to blame Rogers this is Shaw's decision and it sounds like they didn't tell anyone. Even Shaw Direct didn't seem to know as the west feeds are just repeats of the east feeds. I seem to remember talk of Shaw Direct dropping many of the west feeds from their distribution system. Seems Shaw decided to do it for everyone for these two channels.

#13 ·
I just find it odd that a week before both BTV & SD are being "forced" to add all these locals "suddenly" Shaw decides to drop western Feeds of showcase & tropic. I think it has to do with the 'locals' issue since SD has to add them as well(not sure how many) but it appears Shaw/SD has no room left hence free up space.

The catch here is Shaw can always bring back Showcase West & Tropic West at some point later. It not like its a new channel, its basically Showcase & tropic shown 3 hours later.

#14 ·
Shaw Direct doesn't have to add them until January IIRC and even if the new satellite is not ready by then, they will probably ask for an extension citing a from of force majeure ie conditions beyond their control that prevent them from launching all the new locals. The only way they could add all those locals is drop services both East and West and that would just tank their business. Once they have official word of any launch delay I am sure they will file the necessary paper work. It is probably already prepped and just waiting for the correct time to submit

#15 ·
I'm with Bell Satellite and they removed Both the west feeds for Showcase and TvTropolis, both of which I constantly watched, in addition to Showcase Diva becoming Lifetime (and it's programming sucking now).

I am thinking of calling up Bell right away and demanding a $10 permanent discount on my programing due to the removal of 2.5 channels I watched constantly. I shouldn't be forced to buy a PVR just to watch western feeds later in the day. I'm very angry and disappointed over this.

#16 ·
nebthet

Bell doesn't have them any more because Shaw Media/Broadcast dropped them. Your provider had nothing to do with the decision. Bell has no say in the programming of Diva now Lifetime. If you don't like the new programming let Shaw know or drop the channel/bundle that contains those channels. You will not be getting a discount from Bell because of Shaw's decisions.

#20 ·
I was thinking the same thing. We (EastLink in Northern Ontario) received a message on our DCTs early this morning that they are removing the "west feed" of TV Tropolis on October 1st. Just drop it now and while they are at it, they can drop the extra TV Tropolis east in our guide. We have it on 46 and 317. YES, I know there is no extra bandwidth used but seems stupid to have it listed in two places. Gives the illusion of more channels I guess.;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.