Help with super sports pack - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 2009-07-21, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

Help with super sports pack

Hello, I am wanting to get the supersports pack but I have a few questions that I figured I would answer here, since rogers customer service cant seem to give me a straight answer.

Right now I have Digital VIP Cable + HDTV Specialty Channel Package. But I mainly only watch the sports channels. I do understand that I can only watch TSN or HDTSN with the VIP package that I have. Im a single guy and can't afford to have both the VIP and the supersports pack. So my question is if there is a game(hockey/football,baseball) on TSN would I also get it in the supersports pack? and if I don't subscribe to tsn anymore but get the supersports pack, will it blackout that game? Same with games that are on LeafsTV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 2009-07-21, 11:22 AM

>>>So my question is if there is a game(hockey/football,baseball) on TSN would I also get it in the supersports pack?<<<

I unsubscribed to the sports pack a few months ago, so if the situation has changed, someone please speak up, but what I found was that the answer to your question is "no". Games that are on other channels in the Rogers lineup are not included in the sports pack.

However, games that are on other channels but are blacked out on that channel, are generally included. For example, Senators games on Sportsnet East are generally blacked out on the Sportsnet channel so you do get them in the sports pack.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.