Picture Sound Breakup on CNN? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 2009-01-16, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Picture Sound Breakup on CNN?

I usually enjoy great reception but lately on and off over the last couple of days I've noticed a lot of stuttering, pixelation, choppiness on CNN (Rogers Ch33) on both audio and video. I am on Roger SD (SA3290). Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 2009-01-16, 02:52 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Panasonic TCP65S1, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 8300-eHDD
Have you checked your signal strength and S/N ratio? Have you performed a cold reboot? Have you tried removing upstream splitters? See:

57 FAQ - Tips For SA (Cisco) STBs. (also Pace)

57's Optimization Services (Home Theatre Optimization) . . . . 57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 2009-01-16, 11:57 PM

I'm having the same problem on CNN...just for the last day or two. I've noticed it with a few other channels, too. No changes have been made to my setup...Rogers must be having some issues on their end.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 2009-01-19, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

It's happening again tonight on CNN, TCM, RSO and others. This is the first incident since my last post. It has the problem for a while then the problem just disappears. I'm pretty sure it's not my set up too or it would be more frequent.

Last edited by AKFubar; 2009-01-19 at 07:38 PM. Reason: add
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 2009-01-20, 05:16 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

Stopped again just shortly after 8:00pm and all remained good for the balance of my TV viewing. I'm pretty sure this is coming from Rogers this way. This incident lasted approx 2hrs. It may be localized to the neighbourhood infrastructure or possibly the junction on the line coming in to the gray box from the pole at the pole end.

When we switched to digital TV and Home Phone in the fall we had all of the cable in the house and the splitter replaced with new, the connectors replaced in the gray box outside and all was stable with good service for quite a while. That's what makes me think it is something either at the Rogers source or in the local infrastructure. I am located right in the downtown core near Spadina and College Sts.

Last edited by AKFubar; 2009-01-20 at 08:13 AM. Reason: additional info
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 2009-01-23, 01:05 AM

The same thing was happening on CNN HD

Yamaha Receiver, NextBox 3, 50" Panasonic Viera, Toshiba HD-A2, Sony PS3 & full Paradigm speaker package

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.