Shaw Cable programming/pricing discussion - Page 15 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #211 of 219 (permalink) Old 2017-12-03, 05:28 PM

yep, just noticed that now.

small tv is 5 dollars more, but not they give you an extra package, 5 instead of 4.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 219 (permalink) Old 2018-02-07, 02:57 PM

It looks like Shaw added a few more channels to their entry-level package effective Feb. 1 - CTV News Channel SD, E! and Much SD.

You may need a theme pack or other add-on to Limited TV to get those channels (Link)

The other channels included are: Daystar, Game TV, RT (Russia Today), Stingray Music, TSC Today's Shopping Choice and Vintage TV.

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2018-02-07 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Only SD versions
post #213 of 219 (permalink) Old 2018-02-07, 06:12 PM

Dr. Dave....

I talk to a Shaw rep. They said that much, E!, and CTV news were 'temporarily' added to the base package (not free preview).

What does this mean?

I'm currently paying for CTV news and if i can get it for free from now on, that would be great.

post #214 of 219 (permalink) Old 2018-02-07, 08:36 PM

@Classy1 The info I got was from a customer, not from an official Shaw source, so you probably know more about it than I do.

If it's "temporary," it's probably more than a month or 2. It could be they get a lower wholesale rate if those channels are part of "basic" - note that all 3 channels are from Bell Media, so they would be part of the same contract. That sort of makes sense, since only the SD versions of the channels are included. You still have to pay for them if you want Much HD and CTV News HD.
post #215 of 219 (permalink) Old 2018-02-08, 01:50 AM

I don't get Russia Today.
I've got Personal TV with the Grandfathered BEST of HD plan.

When it comes to humility, I am the greatest!
post #216 of 219 (permalink) Old 2018-02-08, 05:44 PM

@magnet you should be getting RT with Personal TV - I think they changed their name a few years ago. It was on the list of included channels from my original link. I believe it's channel 505 in all cities. I heard that it's distributed for free since it's supported by the Kremlin.
post #217 of 219 (permalink) Old 2018-02-11, 11:52 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyCV View Post
Why does Shaw make it extremely difficult, if not impossible, to see what each part is costing? For a tech company, they get a 'D' for user friendly. Comes across as keeping customers in the dark regarding what they're actually paying for.
Yes, but they get an 'A' for keeping you exactly where they want you. If they made it too "user-friendly", everybody would be downshifting. Print out the channel line-up, mark off the channels you want to keep and call customer service. Talk to a live person. Prepare to be on the line for a bit. This is the new normal. Online services are geared to throw you off (live chat is also a waste of time).
post #218 of 219 (permalink) Old 2018-02-12, 01:19 AM

I have the Personal TV
and Most Popular Themes packages
and I was told that it would cost 4 dollars to add RT news
post #219 of 219 (permalink) Old 2018-02-12, 10:35 AM

@mike10 Thanks for confirming that. I'm surprised that RT is included with Limited TV, but not Personal TV.

@Classy1 I just looked at the current Shaw packages and CTV News Channel, E! and Much are officially included in the Limited TV package, so I doubt they are "temporarily added." Maybe the Shaw rep was just trying to discourage you from downgrading your package.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.