Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Shaw Cable analogue to digital migration

200K views 490 replies 123 participants last post by  Dr.Dave 
#1 ·
I received a notice from my apartment building, who bundles basic cable into my rent, and was told that Shaw needs to install digital boxes to remain receiving basic cable. Makes no difference to me since I already have a HD PVR, an HD box (awaiting a new TV to hook it up to as it is a rental) and a SD box. But here in Lloydminster are they phasing out analog cable altogether or did my apartment building make this decision?

If so, does this mean that Lloydminster will finally receive all the channels Shaw offers elsewhere such as Canadian Timeshifting and Superchannel? I would assume this would be a solution to the finite capacity issue as I understand that digital has a higher capacity (possibly infinite like IPTV) and could carry all of these channels without a capacity issue.

#488 ·
I've heard that Shaw Winnipeg is showing a full screen on all analog channels saying that you need a digital box, so they pulled the analog feed on schedule. Is anyone in any areas of Winnipeg still receiving analog channels?

@thenewdc I believe other cities have already gone all-digital.

@cslusarc I'm curious about what happened in your situation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.