Shaw overcharging me? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 2009-02-22, 02:46 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

Shaw overcharging me?

I've just been looking at my shaw bill, prices on their website, and prices they had on their website 12 months ago. What I've noticed is that for shaw extreme internet I should be paying $42 each month when bundling with digital/hd tv. Looking at my bill below, does it same that shaw has been billing me $13.95 extra? If so, this has been happening for 9 months.

Entertainment Bundle - 57.95
HD Plus Package - 9.00
Digital Service 7 al carte picks x 2.95 = 20.65
7 Pack Discount -12.70
Canadian Timeshift Package - 3.95
High-Speed Xtreme-I - 10.00
High-Speed Internet - 45.95
Purchased Modem Discount -5.00
GST - 6.49
PST - 6.43
Total Current Charges - 142.72
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 2009-02-22, 03:42 AM

Location: Vancouver Island. Shaw cable.Sony 46V2500,DCT6416(w/TB Xpndr), PS3, Denon AVR2807, Paradigm spkrs.
I'm pretty sure that the extreme addition to your internet is not a part of any bundle. It's always $10 more.
Why don't you just give them a call and voice your concern? A CSR will answer any questions you have and go over your bill with you.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 2009-02-22, 03:51 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

Unfortunately, shaw's website (http://www.shaw.ca/en-ca/ProductsSer...rnet/Xtreme-I/) disagrees. I certainly will call them, I am just used to most CSRs being of very little help, so wanted other opinions or what to expect when calling. I will certainly post back with what happens.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 2009-02-22, 12:03 PM

It looks like you're not getting the bundle discount. I had the same problem when my initial 6 month promo expired and I went on regular billing. I called the first month it happened and they fixed it.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 2009-02-22, 03:23 PM

i had something similar, they'll credit your account.

on a side note, that's a lot of stuff you have. full cable, hdplus, pick 7, timeshifting, extreme internet. i don't really notice any difference in the xtreme to regular, and i think they just upped the speeds on all of them.

your paying alot and you aren't even getting any phone service.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 2009-02-22, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Resolved

Well I called Shaw today, and I was reminded of their excellent customer service. Within minutes I was talking to a rep, and after putting me on hold for about 8 minutes to review my last 9 months of billing (the entire time I've been a customer) he realized I had not been getting the bundle discount after my promotional period ended so credit that amount to my account.

As additional compensation, I was given SC and MC free for a month and half and it is set to auto-cancel so I don't have to call in to cancel if I don't want to keep it.

Wonderful service.

brucered I do realize that my bill is still a bit high, and will likely switch to 1 or 2 al la carte channels and ditch the time shift eventually, but it does only save about $11 doing so. I'll not drop the HD nor will I drop the extreme internet. I'm not one who likes to wait for downloads, for I appreciate the 15 Mb downloads. For what it's worth, I use voip.ms for my phone service at $0 a month and 1/2 cent a minute, so I could never see paying shaw for their phone service.

I appreciate all the responses, even though my question was not totally warranted. I'm just used to dealing with bell and years ago Time Warner in the states.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.