Chromecast Remote? - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 2016-04-16, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

Actually have already downloaded Event Ghost on my tablet through the Google Play Store. The Flirc USB I ordered can be used with an X-Box 360 (Which has Shomi) and plays DVD's (I wanted to get something better then my lousy DVD player anyways and my friend can bring over his video games) and I can set it up the Flirc USB using my landlord's HTPC to program my Rogers Cable Remote for use on the X-Box 360 (I checked the YouTube videos) when the Flirc USB is plugged into it. I live with him sooo that's not a problem. I did order a IR Blaster (costs 3 bucks and can be used on a PVR) though and a double port purpose HDMI cord for 2 bucks (I have a Matrix Switch). I'll probably eventually end up giving my Chromecast to my mom as I have found a way to cast most everything else through my Roku. When I get a laptop the summer I'll use the Flirc USB with the laptop and X-Box 360.

https://flirc.tv/flirc-usb

Last edited by jfoley85; 2016-04-17 at 12:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 2016-04-17, 10:53 AM

The Xbox 360 will work with any of a number of standard remotes, including Harmony remotes, Windows Media Center remotes, and rebooted designed specifically for the Xbox 360. You don't need this whole setup if that's all you're after.

Rules of the Forum | DHC Help Desk
DHC now supports Tapatalk for mobile devices!
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 2016-04-17, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

No, but seeing as how it is on the way now I might as well make use of it......Of course I'll have to buy a used XBox 360 but it'll work out great ! The Harmony remote will end up in my lists of things to do down the line after of course I buy a laptop the summer.....I think I'd like it !

Last edited by jfoley85; 2016-04-17 at 09:39 PM.

post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 2016-04-18, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoley85 View Post
I'll probably eventually end up giving my Chromecast to my mom as I have found a way to cast most everything else through my Roku.
Yeah - giving your mom the user friendly Chromecast sounds like a good idea
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 2016-04-19, 12:17 AM Thread Starter

Yupp...and the XBox 360 I'm getting was hardly used....Told the person I'd buy it Friday. $100, two controllers and three games.

Last edited by 57; 2016-04-19 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Unnecessary Quote Removed
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 2016-04-25, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

I have my XBOX 360 now....In May I will be switching Providers to Bell Aliant, Definitely will be subcribing to Shomi though as it is way better then Crave TV (at least I think so) ! I have a remote that I can use to Play, Pause, Rewind, FF Shomi. It's GREAT !
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 2016-05-09, 12:54 AM Thread Starter

So just thought I'd give you all an UPDATE. Shomi on the XBOX 360 SUCKED with picture quality even after setting it to the highest quality, so much so that I bought an Apple TV 4 and the picture quality is about 1000 times better. The Apple TV 4 comes with a Siri remote. I still use my XBOX 360 for playing DVD's and a few games. I own a Roku 3 as well. I switched to Bell Aliant and am still getting a "free" Shomi subscription by signing into my mom's MYROGERS account. I was going to subscribe but then I thought of that instead.
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 2016-05-11, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Also, BA ran a wired Fibre OP connection from the modem in the other room into my Apple TV too as well as my PVR. So that's two Fibre wires.

Last edited by jfoley85; 2016-05-11 at 03:36 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.