I need some advice on my Media Server system. My system is as follows:
- 70" Vizio M70-C3
- Denon AVR
- Roku Stick (installed in AVR)
- WD Mycloud Mirror NAS. (connected directly to the router and router connected directly to the TV)
- Running Plex Media Server.
- IMHO the Plex app running on the Vizio is a POS...I was hoping to get rid of the Roku Stick as the Vizio has both Plex and Netflix, which is all I ever use. The Plex app on the Vizio does not have the same settings options as the one on the Roku Stick. It hangs up all the time and when I change certain settings it tells be the source processor is not powerful enough to process the file (movie).
- When I use Plex on the Roku Stick, it works much better, but still hangs up about 3 or 4 times during the movie playback.
- Do you think it is the NAS that is the issue?
- Do I need a more powerful NAS?
- would getting a Roku 3 with direct wired connection help?
- do you think is I get a more powerful NAS, that the plex app on the Vizio would work better, therefore avoiding having to but a Roku 3 all together?
Any answer or advice would be much appreciated.