Why the picture display tilt when PC boots? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 2015-12-28, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

Why the picture display tilt when PC boots?

I connect my PC to Manrantz 4K receiver then to TV. But when PC boots, display tilts. When the login shows, it displays normally. Now I want to test the PC with some software, but can't see the screen display correctly. What's the problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 2015-12-28, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Can't post photos on cell phone.

Marantz NR-1605, LG 55UB9500 4K LED 3D TV,Boston Acoustics CS226, Klipsch Quintet III, Monster Cable THX subwoofer.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 2015-12-28, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Also my HTPC gets this error sometime

Marantz NR-1605, LG 55UB9500 4K LED 3D TV,Boston Acoustics CS226, Klipsch Quintet III, Monster Cable THX subwoofer.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 2015-12-28, 05:24 PM
Veteran

Not much information is being provided regarding the hardware and software being used. That would help a lot with diagnosis.

The first problem is caused by poor horizontal sync. It's not very common with newer digital TVs but it happened all the time with CRT TVs. My guess is that the receiver or the TV is not correctly handling the 640x480 output of the video card on the BIOS boot screen. The first things I would try is updating the PC BIOS, receiver BIOS, video card BIOS and TV BIOS (if available.)

The second problem is caused by a bad driver. I would find out what program or driver uses the file nvlddmkm.sys. A quick search turns up lots of info on nvlddmkm.sys crashes. It's due to a fault in the nVidia display driver. The fix for that is usually to update the nVidia display driver with the latest version available for the hardware. It it is already the latest, try a previous driver version.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 2015-12-28, 09:51 PM
Veteran

^^^^
There is no horizontal (or vertical) sync with digital TVs. The purpose of the sync pulses was to ensure the analog CRT tracked the camera scan. With digital TV, the pixels are just points on a plane and with all the processing, including look forward and look back frames, sync pulses just don't make sense nor have any purpose.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 2015-12-28, 10:35 PM
Veteran

I understand that. However, it's doing a good job of mimicking a horizontal sync problem. Something is not getting mapped correctly. It could be a video driver issue. Considering the other issue. Updating the video driver would be a good first action.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 2015-12-29, 01:36 PM

Sometimes I'll get something similar during resolution switching. It only lasts a second or so in between the screen going blank and then everything is normal.

When you say that the login screen displays OK, I'm guessing it's how either the receiver or TV is handling the super low resolution of the memory test application you have running there.

Can you try it with the HTPC connected directly to the TV bypassing the receiver?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 2015-12-29, 07:51 PM
Veteran

I have seen PCs with similar symptoms caused by bad capacitors on the Motherboard,
the Video Card if not using the Mother board's video capabilty and even In the Power Supply. Please confirm the PC even works at all by connecting it directly to a conventional PC Monitor. Have a Nice Day.

DB4E/VHF Yagi rotor FM Bandstop ap-8700 preamp 4way split LG lcd.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 2015-12-30, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Computer: Video card Nvidia GT640
Receiver: Marantz NR-1605
TV: LG 4K 3D TV 55UB9500.

Before when my PC was connected to Samsung 46" 3D TV, there was no such problem.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.