W7 Media Centre - 950Q lost signal - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 2011-09-07, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

W7 Media Centre - 950Q lost signal

Hi, I just got a Hauppauge 950Q USB device and set it up to use with Windows 7 x64 Media Centre. It seems to work fine and finds lots of OTA channels. I pick a channel and after 5 - 20 minutes, it says "lost signal" I have to close down WMC and restart it before I can tune in any channels again. It happens on my strongest channels, ones that I get a strong signal for all the time. If I use my built-in TV tuner at the same time, there is no issue with the channel. I am sure the signal is still there.
I have tried updating all the drivers with stuff I found at hauppauge site and have made sure all my Windows updates are done.

CM4228HD, CM 7777, Antennacraft TDP2 rotor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 2011-09-08, 09:06 AM
Rookie

Power saving settings?

Just a thought, you should check to make sure that you have not allowed Windows to shut down the 950Q in order to manage power saving. There is a check box, under device manager for the 950Q, that says something along the lines "allow windows to turn off power to this device" or something similar, Make sure that it is not checked.

Cheers,
mark
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 2011-09-08, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

Good idea Mark, thanks. I will check that tonight

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 2011-09-13, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

I reinstalled all the drivers from Hauppauge, including the MCE Toolkit from their website. It seems to have corrected the problem and I am now able to watch and record and change channels without losing the signals. Love the WMC dvr functions and the TV and Guide GUI.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.