WMC EPG data missing in Montreal OTA - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 2011-08-24, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

WMC EPG data missing in Montreal OTA

I know this isn't exactly the place for this type of question but I've been googling enough and I thought somebody here could steer me in the right direction.

I'm in Montreal with an antenna on my roof. My windows 7 system is set up with a U.S. zip code. I use OTA only.

I get guide data for all U.S. channels and some Canadian but am missing guide data for 3 channels. (12.1 CFCF, 17.1 CIVM and 15.1 CKMI) They all exist on zap2it and play on Belltv as well. How can I get this guide data into my system.

I've thought about "schedules direct"and some sort of importer like guidehound. I want to leave my system as U.S. for other reasons.

Any Ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 2011-08-29, 04:51 PM

What zipcode are you using? If I enter 12919 into Zap2It, those channels are included and I would expect them also to show up in media center.

Pete
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 2011-09-03, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

I ended up using mc2xml and guidehound.
It's working now.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 2011-09-03, 08:46 PM

What I do is manually setup the TV Signal for both analog and digital. Then edit the channels to disable all the analog channels and copy their listings to the corresponding digital channels.

Samsung LN40A550, Asus A8N SLI, Athlon 64 X2 3800, XFX HD One 5450, 2 Hauppauge HVR-2250, LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray, Windows 7
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 2011-09-04, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

That's a good idea, unfortunately my tuner is digital only so I never had that option during the initial setup.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 2011-09-05, 12:51 AM

What make/model of PC tuner card are you using? I haven't encountered a PC tuner that wasn't either dual or hybrid NTSC/ATSC/QAM.

Samsung LN40A550, Asus A8N SLI, Athlon 64 X2 3800, XFX HD One 5450, 2 Hauppauge HVR-2250, LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray, Windows 7
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 2011-09-05, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

It's the KWorld UB-435Q.
It works well although you have to install the drivers manually and I find if I channel surf a lot or do a channel scan it will sometimes drop off line. I then just unplug it and plug it back in and it works again.
Normal TV viewing and recording always works well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.