HTPC + HDMI + Projector = "No Signal"
I've got a major problem with my new HTPC Setup; I hope anyone can help me. Here it is:
- HTPC Motherboard: Asus E35M1-i Deluxe (which has an OnBoard ATI Radeon HD 6310 video card)
- Cable: 50ft HDMI cable
- Displays (in Dual (Duplicate)):
- Via DVI: 42" LG TV
- Via HDMI: Epson EX7200 Projector
- Once everything is connected and turned on, the DVI-TV setup works perfectly, but the projector shows the "No Signal" screen.
The Symptoms (that might give a clue):
- Once the projector plugged and turned on, the HTPC detects a display called "EPSON PJ".
- When plugged, I hear a high pitch noise coming from the projector speakers (I can mute it with the projector's remote); but when I play music on my htpc, I can't hear it from the projector
- Plugging the HTPC to the projector using the DVI ports also works perfectly.
- I tried a few Catalyst drivers versions (including the latest): Not working!
- I tried using the basic (No ATI) autodetected video drivers: No luck!
- I tried plugging (via HDMI) the HTPC to the TV, the Satellite receiver to the Projector, even the Satellite receiver to the TV: No signal here either.
- I tried playing with the resolutions (projector's native & a few others) and with the refresh rates (50hz,59hz,60hz): Did'nt change anything.
- I tried playing with settings within the CCC (Catalyst Control Center): Did'nt change anything either.
- I tried in Single display mode (HDMI) and then booting HTPC with the projector turned on: Still no signal, even during booting process.
- I tried looking for HDMI settings in the HTPC Motherboard's bios: There are only options to play with the audio of the HDMI.
- I tried AutoDetecting source in the projector's settings: Still the same reuslt.
* The only thing I haven't tried yet, is an other HDMI cable.
- Would I need to make the HDMI audio work in order to make the HDMI video work?
- Does the audio signals might interfere with the video ones?
- Do I need an HDMI signal booster with this setup?
- Is my HDMI cable broken?
- If so, why can the HTPC detect the "EPSON PJ" but no signal from it?
- Anyone has an idea/solution?