linux users kaffeine ver 1.2.2 released - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 2011-05-01, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

linux users kaffeine ver 1.2.2 released

Just tested this and indeed finally supports an ATSC implementation of an EPG. Kaffeine is a useful alternative to linux users who may not be in to mythtv. Very simple to set it up and get running, relative to mythv.
http://kaffeine.kde.org/
Quote:
Kaffeine 1.2.2 released.

Changelog (1.2):
- add search function to epg
- implement ATSC support for epg
- fix gnome screen saver inhibition
- other fixes and improvements ...

SBGH rotor chimney mount FM Bandstop ap-8700 preamp 4way split LG lcd Sammy pctuner hdhomerun mythtv
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 2011-05-02, 01:12 PM
rpr

I don't think it's really meant to be an alternative to MythTV, other than you can watch live TV with it. It seems to be mostly a media player wrapper, more than anything. Looks interesting though.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 2011-05-02, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Yeah I know that, but with the addition of support for the OTA Guide, at least it's possible to schedule recordings now. A reasonable alternative for someone just wanting to try OTA on linux, without having to delve in to mythv.

SBGH rotor chimney mount FM Bandstop ap-8700 preamp 4way split LG lcd Sammy pctuner hdhomerun mythtv
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 2011-05-03, 01:23 PM
rpr

I didn't see mention of any type of scheduling in kaffeine, but I didn't look that hard. Yes, I can see that could be useful. Having said that, if the hardware that you have is that easily setup in kaffeine, then it should be just as easy to setup MythTV, especially if you use MythBuntu or MythDora.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.