Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR - Page 9 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #121 of 129 (permalink) Old 2013-11-07, 11:34 AM

Thanks for your answer, Molebdynum.

Right now, I'm using the AverMedia HD-DVR with component. Quite often, I get audio sync issues.

I think you convinced me to switch to the Colossus.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 129 (permalink) Old 2013-11-08, 01:55 AM
Rookie

Chasseur, what source are you using to record off of? My Bell 9241 has hdmi that is unencrypted. Bonne chance!
post #123 of 129 (permalink) Old 2013-11-08, 11:03 AM

I'm recording from my cable (Videotron) cablebox. I'm pretty sure it's encrypted, so I guess I will have to use component.

My main concern is with audio out of sync with my avermedia HD-DVR.

post #124 of 129 (permalink) Old 2013-11-18, 01:40 PM
Rookie

Chasseur i use nextpvr and all work great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #125 of 129 (permalink) Old 2014-09-09, 11:41 AM

Device cannot start

I finally bought and installed the hauppauge colossus for use with Windows Media Center.

After maybe a week of usage, the colossus stopped working. When looking a device manager, I got this message:

device cannot start

Rebooting did not solved the problem. However, shutting down completely and waiting a few minutes did solve the problem.

Is this something that happens often? I missed a few recordings so I'm curious about the reliability of this device...
post #126 of 129 (permalink) Old 2014-10-01, 11:13 AM

The same problem happened again yesterday. Only a complete shutdown + wait + reboot works. Any idea?
post #127 of 129 (permalink) Old 2016-02-27, 10:58 AM

Location: Barrhaven (Ottawa), On. Canada. (3 blocks north of Strandherd Dr. & 2 east of Claridge Dr.)
Anyone else using a Colossus card with a Rogers NextBox 3 (9865)?

I can't get a signal to the card using component cables and the D-clip adapters provided.
The pass-through works great from the NextBox via the Colossus then to my TV and amp!

Am using Win7 Home Premium 64 bit. Have tried it with WMC & WinTV7.
I follow the Hauppage support instructions to a T, everything goes as expected, except the configuration of the signal to the card.

Thanks.
post #128 of 129 (permalink) Old 2016-02-27, 11:17 AM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
There have been reports of the composite video signal respecting CGMS-A now with Navigatr. So, if a programme is recorded on the 9865 (or 8642), then you have used up your "copy once". This has affected DVD Recorders. I'm wondering if something similar has happened to the component video output and if the Hauppauge respects CGMS-A. Here's the discussion in the Navigatr thread:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/61-r...ml#post2703657

If you don't record on the 9865 first, you should be able to record the direct feed signal from the 9865's tuner on the Hauppauge, although with Navigatr who knows what they may have botched.

Do you have a 4642 STB that you could try since it doesn't record?

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #129 of 129 (permalink) Old 2016-02-27, 12:04 PM

Location: Barrhaven (Ottawa), On. Canada. (3 blocks north of Strandherd Dr. & 2 east of Claridge Dr.)
Thanks......once again, 57!

I was thinking it may have had something to do with the firmware.
Yes, I have a 4642. May have to try that next!

I just find it so strange that the pass-through works from the NextBox3 but the signal is not picked up by the tuner card.

Update: after swapping NextBoxes.

I am so very happy to report that reconfiguring WMC with the 4642STB did the trick!
Everything is recognized and working as expected.
Both my Colossus and HRV-2250 cards are there, the remote works, the guide is updated!

Thank you, 57! Your input here has totally made my week!

Last edited by DCor; 2016-02-27 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Updated after swapping NextBoxes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.