Windows 7 Media Center in Canada (ATSC, QAM, Logos) - Page 31 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #451 of 459 (permalink) Old 2016-03-13, 06:18 PM
Rookie

I don't see option for editing my previous post. Anyways it looks like my model is exactly the same as 1212 but I don't see that abbreviation anywhere on the box.

I am OK by having ability to record just one program at the time. We are not watching live TV ever - so that's fine. More troubling will be finding out if I will be able to record one program from Hauppauge and other from HDHomeRun at the same time since I did notice some conflicts in last 2 years using the Shaw's PVR (recording two programs that over lap).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 459 (permalink) Old 2016-03-14, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkesha View Post
I don't understand - the 5Vdc should be same on way or the other. There should be nothing too smart with their own power supply ? My friend who borrowed me this box couldn't find the PS though.
What were you planning to use for a PS? I don't have this box so I don't know if it has a standard connector. A 5 volt 2 amp PS should work, by I don't know if the electronics on the PVR are especially sensitive to clean power.

I have a Hauppauge 2250 dual tuner internal card and have no trouble recording 2 programs at once with WMC in Windows 7 or 8.1. If I have a third program overlapping by a minute, WMC will delay the start of the third program until one of the previous programs finishes recording.
post #453 of 459 (permalink) Old 2016-03-14, 05:11 PM
Rookie

I will have to source my basement power supply / cabling storage for a compatible connector + power. Then I will see if it works and how stable it is. I believe nothing should burn out since I wouldn't over voltage it but if things aren't stable I would suspect the power is first to blame. Connector is standard round one, but you know how there is bunch of different thickness ones - I will just have to find a right one.

All I want is to be able to get my wife functionality she is used to. As far as I am concerned the OTA recording and HDHomeRun is more than enough for our household.

post #454 of 459 (permalink) Old 2016-03-14, 05:42 PM

Guide Updates Stalled - Daylight Saving Time

NOTICE TO ALL MEDIA CENTER USERS

I noticed that the WMC guide has stopped updating. This happens every time we switch to or from DST. Don't waste time troubleshooting your system - the problem is at the Microsoft server. They usually fix this a few days before the guide data runs out.
Wheelman likes this.

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2016-03-14 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Clarification
post #455 of 459 (permalink) Old 2016-03-14, 07:10 PM
Rookie

I struggled so much trying to get my WMC to keep updating (since my tuner wasn't compatible with digital OTA signal according to MS). It would work once I set it up but then it would download 2 weeks worth of EPG and never do it again. In two weeks I would have to blow the WMC out and set everything up again. Finally it worked when I modified host file (and who knows what else I did to get it to work).

I also had problem with WMC reverting back my strip setup. I had to disable folder's (where this data is held) write permissions to everybody including Admin. Now I can't really open it, but my customized menu strip looks the way I want it.
post #456 of 459 (permalink) Old 2016-07-31, 03:51 PM

I just wanted to let everyone know that Microsoft is having a widespread problem with their WMC guide data again and there is an existing feedback report on their connect site. My guide data stops at Aug. 8 at 7PM. I think you have to be logged in to their connect site to see the following link.

https://connect.microsoft.com/site11...etails/2987359
post #457 of 459 (permalink) Old 2016-08-03, 12:33 PM

The guide is updating again. I now have data until Aug 15.
post #458 of 459 (permalink) Old 2016-09-23, 02:22 PM

Microsoft is having another problem with guide data - confirmed at https://connect.microsoft.com/site1145/Feedback. My guide stops at Thursday, Sept. 29.
post #459 of 459 (permalink) Old 2016-09-24, 12:08 PM

Guide data is working again.

I had done a bunch of checking when my guide wasn't updating because I had applied the Win 10 Anniversary Update and had used a backup program to transfer all my series recordings from Win 8.1 to Win 10. I thought I had screwed something up and it turned out it was all Microsoft's fault again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.