Warning re Entourage on Movie Central HD - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 2007-07-30, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Warning re Entourage on Movie Central HD

I noticed again, they either started it early or cut off the first half somehow. Dunno, my PVR doesn't make the distinction. They'd been timing them correctly a few times, so I was lulled into believing they were doing things right down there.

Got up to catch the 5:30 AM showing. It too started about 12 minutes early but it was a repeat from a previous season. :-(

Man I can't wait til they either get some quality control happening or better yet, approve some competition so we can send Movie Central packing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 2007-07-31, 03:04 PM

I noticed the same thing - was able to record the early morning replay on SD. Why do they show this only once on HD during the week - didn't they used to reply each episode a few times during the week??
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 2007-07-31, 07:07 PM
Veteran

I have a recording at 8 on MC and MCHD. I guess we'll see which one is this week's episode.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 2007-07-31, 07:22 PM

From their online guide it would seem that it is not being re-shown in HD. Very frustrating....
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 2007-08-01, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Too bad this is our one and only mandated movie channel. I was especially impressed when their two airings of 'The Illusionist' during its premiere week were at 7 and 9 respectively. Do they use a county fair chicken to do the scheduling or what?!?
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 2007-08-01, 06:50 PM

When checking the schedules today I noticed that MovieCentral's site has been updated which is a plus. Also, the movie's listed for September look impressive. For the last few months it seemed that only 1 good movie would premiere per month. That being said, still a lack of HD as a lot of these premieres are in SD only...
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 2007-08-01, 07:23 PM
Veteran

Lack of HD titles to say the least. It's clear that Movie Central HD continues to fall further and further behind TMN HD. See my post over here for some specific details re: August HD content.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 2007-08-08, 02:51 PM

my guide said repeat but fortunately I recorded and both Entourage and Biglove were new espidoes this week Aug5-6.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 2007-08-21, 07:47 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

After starting it at the correct time for a couple of weeks, good ole Movie Central started Entourage 18 minutes early this week. They also did the same on the early morning re-run. Dismal.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 2007-08-21, 09:21 AM
Veteran

I'm going to fire off another round of emails to MC and the CRTC. It at least makes the CRTC know what kind of troubles paying customers are going through. It's also a good time to suggest the end of the movie monopoly in this country.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 2007-08-21, 10:15 AM

I raised this issue with some of my Shaw contacts. They told me that they were working on the problem (in fairness, one likely not of their making). If you are a Shaw customer, they have an online form for reporting the issue (whether fault lies with Corus or TVGuide).

https://secure.shaw.ca/apps/digital_...uideErrors.asp
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 2007-08-21, 02:03 PM
Veteran

Then, after starting it 10 minutes early, they have dead air (or their version of it with that annoying jazz riff endlessly repeating) for 15 minutes until the end of the timeslot.

How hard is it to look at the clock and start a program at the top of the hour???
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 2007-08-23, 04:50 PM

The response I got today:

"Dear Viewer,

Your feedback is appreciated.

Thank you for writing in with your concerns. We want to assure you that your comments are important to us. We’re currently investigating this matter and will be in touch with you shortly when we have a more thorough answer for you.

Regards,

Movie Central Viewer Relations Department "
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 2007-08-23, 07:33 PM
Veteran

The only solution is to start your recording early just in case they screw up. I recorded the movie "Wolf Creek" last week and it ended 5 minutes early. So did the girl die, or did the serial killer get his just deserts?
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 2007-08-24, 12:26 AM

Agreed, but more like 15 minutes. Shouldn't have this issue though - why can't they figure out to run programe at 9 if that is when it is scheduled for

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.