Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Mans Chest NO HD? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 2007-04-23, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Mans Chest NO HD?

So I anxiously picked up next months Premier magazine to see when Pirates 2 was going to premier. Only to discover that the magazine doesn't show it airing in HD. What? No HD for one of the hottest movies to come out on video this year? I hope this is a mistake...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 2007-04-23, 12:32 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Panasonic TCP65S1, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 8300-eHDD
If you're talking about the Movie Entertainment magazine for May, you'll notice that there are no HD listings at all. I've e-mailed my contact at Astral and will post a response as soon as I get it regarding this "oversight".

57's Optimization Services (Home Theatre Optimization) . . . . 57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 2007-04-23, 01:28 PM
Veteran

Interesting information from my friend over at Movie Central - they don't license ANY Disney movies (at least for HD), but TMN licenses them. I found it odd that they wouldn't get anything at all from Disney, but that's the case.

Gord
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 2007-04-23, 07:09 PM
Veteran

I knew MC lagged ridiculously far behind TMN in terms of HD titles, but to hear they don't license *anything* from Disney...pathetic. What's their excuse? Obviously the titles are available. MC is lucky customers out West don't have a choice. Can't say that I feel lucky though. To put it mildly, the current situation is frustrating from a consumer point of view.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 2007-04-23, 11:34 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Panasonic TCP65S1, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 8300-eHDD
I heard back from Astral. Apparently the "missing" HD information was planned, as the HD information was often too late for the magazine, causing errors in listings.

We will be without HD listings in the magazines, probably for several months while they figure out how to get accurate, timely information in the mag.

So, in the meantime, we'll need to visit the website for HD information:

http://www.themovienetwork.ca/hdtv/

57's Optimization Services (Home Theatre Optimization) . . . . 57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 2007-04-24, 09:17 AM

Is there anywhere on TMN's website to get May's monthly schedule yet?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 2007-04-24, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

The schedules seem to be there, just not on the HDTV summary page. If you look for Dead Man's Chest you will see that it is not scheduled for HD. I assume if it was in HD, that the channel would show HD like it does for other movies (MI:III for example) but it is only scheduled for M and MExcess and MMore.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 2007-04-24, 12:43 PM

If you click on the movie, it'll show you the next 6 times it's on. If it's not on an HD channel during that time, it won't show as HD.

For example, right now if you click on "Notorious Bettie Page" it also doesn't come up in HD, however, it's on in HD this weekend.

This is therefore not "reliable" information. When the May HD listings come out, then you can check. The movies are oft repeated anyway.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 2007-04-25, 04:40 PM

Thanks - I remember them releasing "next month's" schedule a about a week or more in advance. I guess now that they have more HD movies/HD channels it is more complicated...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.