TCM or at least AMC in Aurora, ON? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 2007-04-10, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

Question TCM or at least AMC in Aurora, ON?

I live in Aurora, home of one of the last independent cable companies in North America: Aurora Cable (ACI). They're all we got; it's either them or satellite. Overall they're pretty good (although I don't have nice things to say about the Motorola DCT6412, but that's another story ) and I get to see all my shows. One thing I miss (I'm from the States) is Turner Classic Movies. I see Rogers got it last year and BEV and *Choice have it too.

Has anyone heard anything about ACI adding TCM or AMC (American Movie Classics) to their lineup? I'm tempted to go for the dish to get either/both, but I don't know how much better (or worse) BEV or *Choice will be as far as HD PVRs and reception.

Thanks!

flaminghomer
Samsung Smart TV | Bell Fibe | Apple TV | Pioneer 919AH | Panasonic BD75 | Bose AM6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 2007-04-10, 11:57 PM

TCM and AMC are not carried by BEV. Star Choice does have them.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 2007-04-13, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

D-oh! So they don't. Where did I get that from?

flaminghomer
Samsung Smart TV | Bell Fibe | Apple TV | Pioneer 919AH | Panasonic BD75 | Bose AM6
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 2007-04-13, 11:00 AM

Location: Toronto, Rogers Cable Sony 50" SXRD, SA8300HD 320 GB, SA8300 SD , 2 x SA 3200
AMC and/or TCM on ACI

I'd give ACI a call to see if either of these channels are on the horizon for them. No better way to find out than by talking to them.

These nets have done a full court press on the big operators (rogers being the most recent to launch them in Feb with their new VIP program).

I would assume that both AMC and Turner will be looking to fill in the holes with other operators and it would just be a matter of time before smaller guys like ACI will begin carrying them.

Just MHO
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 2007-04-13, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, I'm gonna call them next week. They're not the easiest to get a hold of though, so I thought I'd check here first. Thanks!

flaminghomer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.