Help Finding U.S. TV Shows - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 2017-08-11, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

Help Finding U.S. TV Shows

EDIT by Dr.Dave: Please use this thread if you want to find where a U.S. TV show will be available in Canada. See post 11 for more info.

Does anybody know where I can find these American shows on Canadian TV?

I'm Sorry, original broadcaster truTV.
Get Shorty, original broadcaster Epix.

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2017-11-06 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Changed title and made a sticky thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 2017-08-11, 02:46 PM

Get Shorty | Super Channel SEP 20 | 9:00PM | SC1

Super Channel is the most likely place to find Epix series.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 2017-08-11, 04:16 PM

@hercules130 - I'm a little old school, but tend to buy series that I can't get (or cheaply get) through Canadian services on DVD or BluRay when they come out. Just another option if you can wait a few months. Wait a few months after they are released (over a year after air date) and you can get second-hand DVDs very cheaply online.

Just another option if you aren't in a hurry.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 2017-08-11, 08:21 PM

@Inglewood - good idea.

Another option if the series is shown in Canada is to wait until the series is over (or almost over) and binge-watch the episodes on demand for a month. Super Channel has most series on demand and is available for $10/month from many providers.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 2017-10-31, 01:36 AM
Rookie

How about TNT's new show The Alienist? Where is it at?
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 2017-10-31, 12:44 PM

No one has announced the show in Canada. I checked all the usual places a couple of weeks ago when TNT announced that The Alienist would premiere Jan. 22. There's still plenty of time before then, so if I see anything, I'll post it in the appropriate thread.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 2017-11-03, 07:11 PM
Rookie

How about USA's new western series Damnation? Where's it gon air in Canada!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 2017-11-06, 01:39 AM Thread Starter

Damnation TV Series

Does anybody know who carries new TV series Damnation in Canada? Is it originally on USA Network and its series premiere will air next week.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 2017-11-06, 02:14 AM
Veteran

Wikipedia says International is Netflix.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 2017-11-06, 10:41 AM

@DisneyGrunge90 I moved your posts from the Bell and Corus threads to this one.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 2017-11-06, 10:48 AM

Please use this thread if you want to find where a U.S. TV show will be available in Canada.

I try to post all the announcements from Bell Media, Corus, Rogers Media and some smaller channel groups in a yearly provider "schedule" thread in the "What's On Television?" forum.

A quick first step to finding if a U.S. TV show has already been posted is to try a search using the top menu Tools > Advanced Search and put the program title in the search box. If you click "Show Results as Posts," you will see each post in any thread that matches, so when you click on that post, it will take you to the exact spot in the thread. If the title is a common word or phrase that may be used in some of our other forums, you can use the "Search in Forum(s)" box and choose just this forum.

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2017-11-06 at 02:55 PM.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 2017-11-06, 01:25 PM
Veteran

Don't see it mentioned in this thread but JustWatch and Watch In Canada are resources for finding TV shows in Canada. Unfortunately, they don't seem to be as up to date as they could be and focus mainly on OTT and electronic download sources. Maybe conventional broadcasters could get on board and provide data to these or similar services. I'm not holding my breath though.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 2017-11-06, 03:00 PM

Good point about JustWatch, which I've used occasionally. I think those sites just scrape Netflix and the other streamers without their explicit consent in most cases. They just show what's currently available, not what's scheduled for future release. They could just as easily scrape Zap2it if they wanted to add linear TV to their lists.

Netflix provides a list of up-coming releases for the next month which The Canadian Press distributes to various news outlets (it also includes CraveTV.)
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 2017-11-12, 01:37 AM

Thank you for putting this thread here Dr. Dave! I don't have any questions right now but like you've seen sometimes I do so its great to have a thread to make it easy to find the info.
Dr.Dave likes this.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 2017-11-25, 01:56 PM

Hi I asked this a couple months ago now we have a good thread to ask again, has any body heard about Tin Star being in Canada? It was filmed there! Its on Amazon here in the States. It has Tim Roth, also Nicholas Campbell from Davinci's Inquest. I checked that Watch in Canada site but it didn't have anything for Canada. But it only seems to be about NetFlix and Amazon and your Canadian CraveTV not real TV. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.