Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Rogers Media Specialty Channels 2016-17 schedule

5K views 26 replies 7 participants last post by  Dr.Dave 
#1 ·
This thread will discuss the schedule updates for the Rogers Media Specialty Channels for the 2016-17 broadcast year, including G4, OLN, FX, FXX, VICELAND.

I post schedule updates, series premieres and specials based on press releases as well as series renewals and cancellations as they are announced. I don't usually post on-going episode information, repeats, program descriptions or "PR-speak," so if you want more info, you can click on the associated link in the post.

#3 ·
FX, FXX, AND VICELAND FALL 2016 PREMIERE DATES
All dates are subject to change. All times ET/PT. (s) = simulcast

FX
Sunday, Aug. 28
10 p.m. – The Strain (s), Season 3
Tuesday, Sept. 6
10 p.m. – Atlanta (s) **NEW**
Thursday, Sept. 8
10 p.m. – Better Things (s) **NEW**
Wednesday, Sept. 14
10 p.m. – American Horror Story (s), Season 6

FXX
Wednesday, Aug. 31
10 p.m. – You’re the Worst (s), Season 3

VICELAND
Wednesday, Aug. 31
10 p.m. – Weediquette (s), Season 2
Friday, Sept. 2
10 p.m. – Abandoned (s) **NEW – Canadian Original Series**
Tuesday, Sept. 6
10 p.m. – Gaycation (s), Season 2
Tuesday, Oct. 4
10:30 p.m. – Black Market: More Stories (s) **NEW**
11 p.m. – Payday (s) **NEW – Canadian Original Series**
Wednesday, Oct. 26
10 p.m. – Hamilton’s Pharmacopeia (s) **NEW**
11 p.m. – RISE (s) **NEW – Canadian Original Series**
Thursday, Oct. 27
10 p.m. – Balls Deep (s), Season 2

Viewers can watch all of their favourite FX and FXX programming with the FXNOW Canada video player and app, available on iTunes and the Google Play Store. This authenticated video product allows viewers to watch marquee programming from both FX and FXX post-broadcast, on any device – online, tablets, or smartphones – at no additional cost. FXNOW Canada is also compatible with Android and iOS (tablets and mobile).

VICELAND is currently available on free preview until September 30, 2016. Catch up on VICELAND.com or the new VICE app, available on iTunes and the Google Play Store.

#8 ·
FX and FXX Announce 2017 Mid-Season Premieres

FX

Tuesday, Jan. 10
Taboo : Tuesdays at 10 p.m. ET/PT, beginning Jan. 10
**Series Premiere**

Thursday, Jan. 19
Baskets : Thursdays at 10 p.m. ET/PT, beginning Jan. 19
**Season 2 Premiere**

Wednesday, Feb. 8
Legion : Wednesdays at 10 p.m. ET/PT, beginning Feb. 8
**Series Premiere**

FXX

Wednesday, Jan. 4
It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia : Wednesdays at 10 p.m. ET/PT, beginning Jan. 4
**Season 12 Premiere**

Man Seeking Woman : Wednesdays at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT, beginning Jan. 4
**Season 3 Premiere**

#9 ·
Season 5 of “The Americans” will premiere on Tuesday, March 7 on FX U.S., moving from Wednesdays where it’s aired previously. We ahould expect the same date in Canada.
Source

'American Horror Story' will run through Season 9 on FX U.S.

FX U.S. has picked up two additional seasons of “American Horror Story,” which comes on top of the Season 7 renewal announced in October and will keep the series on FX through a ninth season in 2019. Season 7 of “American Horror Story” is due to premiere on FX later this year. Seasons 8 and 9 will follow in 2018 and 2019, assuming they stick to their usual schedule.

#18 ·
FX really screwed up FARGO last nite! They cut it off 15 mins early then they started it again then again when it was supposed to start again. We had to come back at the end of that one to see the end! Also there was even one of those color bars from ABC in NY, weird!! I don't know why it said ABC not FX.

#21 ·
Is the first episode supposed to be 60 minutes or 90? I recorded it, but haven't watched it yet. When I look at the Rogers IPG for tonight it shows 90 minutes, so I'm going to record it again, just in case. The weird thing is that the premiere airs again next Wednesday at 9PM before episode 2, but the Rogers IPG only shows 60 minutes...

I usually add 5 minutes, sometimes 15, but I'm not in the habit of adding an extra 30 minutes for regular programming. For live sports I often add 1-3 hours, depending on the event.

#22 ·
The whole last act was not there. They restarted the show after the commercial break before the last act. We ended up watching the whole first scene again trying to determine if it was in anyway different and if they were just coming back to it as a reprise or something. I read a review the next day and it referenced things that I definitely did not see. FX doesn't have any VOD on Shaw cable so I found the show a different way and, sure enough, about 14-15 minutes of missed content!!

#23 ·
I'm glad I re-recorded Fargo last night. Here are my comments.

1. As per post 18, on Wednesday, FX screwed up by playing the start of the programme around 3/4 of the way through. If you recorded that programme for 90 minutes, you didn't get the end. Thank you to @Bayguy for the heads up.

2. The "proper" programme was about 90 minutes long (with over 20 minutes of commercials). I'm sure glad I don't watch this stuff live.

3. The first episode is still listed as 60 minutes on the Rogers IPG at 9PM for this coming Wednesday, before episode 2. I don't know how that's going to work. I've extended the 10PM airing by an hour in case it doesn't start until 10:30... It shouldn't be this difficult.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.