Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

CHIN: Festival Italiano di Johnny Lombardi broadcasting in HD Finally?

3K views 3 replies 1 participant last post by  17671 
#1 ·
Me being Canadian of Italian descent (incase the name didn't give it away) it was very important to not just identify as Canadian, but also know about my Italian herritige too. And because of that I grew up watching and listening to CHIN programming especially Festival Italiano Di Johnny Lombardi. I always questioned as to why they were still broadcasting in SD Especially in 2016 and thought maybe they didnt have the funds to upgrade their cameras, studio or master control or what not but today I just so happened to tune in and was quite surprised to see their broadcast fill the entire 16x9 frame of my tv, and it was actually in real HD Even the commercials, well some of them were upconverted. Im really happy to see the progress, I honestly didn't think it would happen but it did. Great Job, err I mean Fana Buona Jobba Chin!!!

#2 ·
I should have not jumped to conculsion right away, it turns out this past weekend's episode was back in 4x3 Standard Definition. Maybe they were using/testing a different master control (possibly off site) and hd cameras for that one episode, and switched back to their original master control again? I don't know for sure and I did not watch the full start to finish to tell.

#3 ·
This past Sunday's episode of Festival Italiano I was actually quite surprised to see it broadcasting in full HD 16x9 again, even the commercials. Mind you, I did notice they were broadcasting from a remote location (Orillia) so they might have been using a different master control studio or a mobile master control with HD capabilities. Lets hope they continue to broadcast in HD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.