Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

CTV & CTV Two 2016-17 schedule

27K views 124 replies 15 participants last post by  Dr.Dave 
#1 ·
This thread will discuss the schedule updates for CTV & CTV Two broadcast networks from Bell Media for the 2016-17 broadcast year.

I post schedule updates, series premieres and specials based on press releases as well as series renewals and cancellations as they are announced. I don't usually post on-going episode information, repeats, program descriptions or "PR-speak," so if you want more info, you can click on the associated link.

As a reminder, the following shows from the 2015-16 season have been cancelled by the U.S. network:

Best Time Ever with Neil Patrick Harris (NBC)
Blood & Oil (ABC)
Castle (ABC)
CSI: Cyber (CBS)
The Family (ABC)
Marvel's Agent Carter (ABC)
The Mysteries of Laura (NBC)
Person of Interest (CBS)

#2 · (Edited)
Designated Hits: CTV Lands TV's Biggest New Dramas for 2016/17 Primetime Lineup

CTV and CTV Two’s 2016/17 primetime schedules and original Canadian slate will be presented at the #CTVUpfront on Wednesday, June 8 in Toronto.

CTV’s New 2016/17 Acquired Series:

DESIGNATED SURVIVOR
THIS IS US
CONVICTION
NOTORIOUS
TRAINING DAY
THE EXORCIST
TIME AFTER TIME
AMERICAN HOUSEWIFE

Show descriptions are in the full press release.

#5 · (Edited)
Just Can't Get Enough CTV: 2016/2017 Schedule Revealed

THE CTV FALL 2016 PRIME-TIME SCHEDULE:
All times ET. New programs are BOLD. (S) = Simulcast

MONDAYS
7 p.m. ETALK
7:30 p.m. THE BIG BANG THEORY (S)
8 p.m. GOTHAM (S)
9 p.m. LUCIFER (S)
10 p.m. CONVICTION (S)

TUESDAYS
7 p.m. ETALK
8 p.m. THE FLASH (S)
9 p.m. THIS IS US (S)
10 p.m. MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. (S)

WEDNESDAYS
7 p.m. ETALK
8 p.m. BLINDSPOT (S)
9 p.m. CRIMINAL MINDS (S)
10 p.m. DESIGNATED SURVIVOR (S)

THURSDAYS
7 p.m. GREY’S ANATOMY
8 p.m. THE BIG BANG THEORY (S)
8:30 p.m. THE GOLDBERGS
9 p.m. NOTORIOUS (S)
10 p.m. HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER (S)

FRIDAYS
7 p.m. ETALK
8 p.m. GRIMM
9 p.m. THE EXORCIST (S)
10 p.m. BLUE BLOODS (S)

SATURDAYS
7 p.m. W5
8 p.m. THE BIG BANG THEORY
8:30 p.m. AMERICAN HOUSEWIFE
9 p.m. MIKE & MOLLY
9:30 p.m. ANGER MANAGEMENT
10 p.m. SAVING HOPE

SUNDAYS
7 p.m. NFL (S)
8 p.m. ONCE UPON A TIME (S)
9 p.m. SECRETS AND LIES (S)
10 p.m. QUANTICO (S)

WEEKDAYS ON CTV
6 a.m. YOUR MORNING
9 a.m. LIVE WITH KELLY (S)
10 a.m. THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW
11 a.m. THE VIEW (S)
12 noon CTV NEWS AT NOON
1 p.m. THE SOCIAL
2 p.m. THE DR. OZ SHOW
3 p.m. DR. PHIL (S)
4 p.m. THE ELLEN DEGENERES SHOW (S)
5 p.m. HOT IN CLEVELAND
5:30 p.m.HOT IN CLEVELAND

WEEKNIGHTS ON CTV
12 midnight THE DAILY SHOW WITH TREVOR NOAH
12:30 a.m. THE LATE LATE SHOW WITH JAMES CORDEN (S)
1:30 a.m. CONAN

#12 ·
Blindspot had much better ratings than Arrow on CTV last year. The theme of Blindspot is more mainstream, while Arrow probably is more youth-oriented, which is where I think Bell Media is targeting CTV Two (in addition to being a general overflow channel for CTV.)

But it does suck for those fans that want to watch ARROW or DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW on some providers that don't offer either CW or CTV Two in the basic package and neither one in HD.

#7 ·
1. I'm assuming CTV will air the 6 new Monday episodes of Big Bang Theory at 7:30pm on Mondays, as they've done the previous 2 years?

2. I'm really liking Grimm at 8pm, it clears up some space at the already-packed 9pm hour for my and my DVR.

3. Will we get the CTV2 schedule today too?

#18 ·
1. I'm assuming CTV will air the 6 new Monday episodes of Big Bang Theory at 7:30pm on Mondays, as they've done the previous 2 years?
I think you're right. If you click on the upfront link in post 5, they have a background image that shows a grid with a special airing of Big Bang Theory at 7:30 on Monday. Strange that they don't mention it anywhere else, like the 24 hour grid in post 9.

I noticed that they also have Grey's Anatomy at 8PM on Thursdays when Big Bang Theory is on Mondays.

#9 ·
Here's more info I didn't have time to post earlier.

Just Can’t Get Enough Midseason Debuts
In 2017, CTV unveils two new acquisitions and rolls out an amplified Canadian slate in honour of Canada’s 150th anniversary:
◦The gritty, emotional, darkly humorous and terrifically intense, TRAINING DAY
◦Kevin Williamson’s cat-and-mouse adventure through the ages, TIME AFTER TIME
◦Six-part, investigative drama CARDINAL featuring Golden Globe nominee Billy Campbell (THE KILLING)
◦Six-part event series THE DISAPPEARANCE about the mysterious vanishing of a 10-year-old boy
◦Four-part dramedy RUSSELL PETERS IS THE INDIAN DETECTIVE starring the international comedic mega-star
◦Season 5 of Canada’s most-watched original drama SAVING HOPE featuring 18 uninterrupted episodes Sundays at 9 p.m.
◦Season 4 of hit culinary competition series MASTERCHEF CANADA, airing Mondays at 8 p.m.
◦CTV’s Canada 150 project and special event celebration CANADA IN A DAY

Just Can’t Get Enough Big Events
CTV delivers more live events than anywhere else. Television’s biggest event programming in 2016/17 includes Canada’s most-watched television broadcasts THE 89th ACADEMY AWARDS®, SUPER BOWL LI, THE 74nd ANNUAL GOLDEN GLOBE® AWARDS, THE 68th PRIMETIME EMMY® AWARDS, THE 2016 AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS, THE 2017 JUNO AWARDS, THE 2017 BILLBOARD MUSIC AWARDS, and more.

Just Can’t Get Enough CTV Two
CTV Two delivers a lineup with 12.5 hours of simulcast programming of superhero hits, sophomore break-outs, and long standing favourites. CTV Two delivers a can’t-miss co-viewing strategy every weeknight and Sundays at 8 p.m.:

• Competition series thrive on CTV Two with THE VOICE on Mondays and Tuesdays and DANCING WITH THE STARS on Sundays
  • Fan-favourite ARROW takes aim Wednesdays
  • It’s a superhero mashup with DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW on Thursdays
  • Cult classic VAMPIRE DIARIES takes a bite out of Fridays
In addition to a powerful 8 p.m. program each night in simulcast, CTV Two’s Wednesday night lineup will compete for second in every timeslot with Season 5 of ARROW at 8 p.m., with long-time hit LAW & ORDER:SVU locking up 9 p.m. and sophomore hit CODE BLACK at 10 p.m. Rounding out CTV Two’s simulcast lineup is the razor sharp SHARK TANK, Fridays at 9 p.m.

Note that ARROW, DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW and CODE BLACK have moved from CTV to CTV Two. They didn't include a CTV Two primetime schedule, but here are the 24 grids: (PDF)

CTV FALL 2016 GRID

CTV TWO FALL 2016 GRID

#16 · (Edited)
Here's another way to look at the CTV/CTV Two upfront schedules:

CTV Fall Preview - CTV's 2016/17 Season Preview | Watch Trailers

and another press release:
Just Can't Get Enough Homegrown TV: Bell Media Confirms 2016/17 Original Production Slate

New Bell Media Original Series for 2016/17:
CARDINAL (CTV)
THE DISAPPEARANCE (CTV)
RUSSELL PETERS IS THE INDIAN DETECTIVE (CTV)

Returning Bell Media Original Series for 2016/17:
Season 4 of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA, when it returns June 28 (CTV)
SAVING HOPE returns for a fifth season (CTV)
THE 2017 JUNO AWARDS (CTV)

Returning Bell Media Production Original Series for 2016/17
Canada’s most-watched entertainment news program, ETALK
The country’s #1 and #2 Canadian daytime series, THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW and THE SOCIAL
As announced Monday, new daytime series YOUR MORNING

#19 ·
On September 10, Canadians to Make History with CTV's CANADA IN A DAY

CTV confirmed this morning that it has chosen Saturday, September 10, 2016 as the day when Canadians from across the country and around the world will reveal what it means to them to be Canadian as part of the ground-breaking project CANADA IN A DAY. CANADA IN A DAY will capture one day in the life of our country, and will air on CTV as part of Canada's 150th anniversary of Confederation in 2017. CTV also confirmed today that the project's website, CanadaInADay.ca, is now live.

#20 ·
CTV Announces YOUR MORNING to Premiere August 22

CTV announced today that YOUR MORNING, its new national morning show, will premiere Monday, Aug. 22 on CTV and CTV News Channel. The program is currently in pre-production at Bell Media’s Queen Street West campus in Toronto, from where it will broadcast each weekday from 6-9 a.m. on CTV (Ontario, Québec, and Eastern Canada) and nationally on CTV News Channel.

Additional details will be announced in the weeks to come.

#22 ·
CTV and CTV Two Fall 2016 Premiere Dates Announced

FALL BASE SCHEDULES: CTV and CTV Two

FALL 2016 Premiere Dates for CTV and CTV Two: (All times in ET/PT)
Monday, Sept. 12
8 p.m. – DANCING WITH THE STARS (CTV Two) – Season 23

Tuesday, Sept. 13
8 p.m. – THE AMAZING RACE CANADA (CTV) – Season 4 Finale
9 p.m. – AFTER THE RACE (CTV) – Live Special

Wednesday, Sept. 14
10 p.m. – BLINDSPOT (CTV) – Season 2 (Airs Wednesdays at 8 p.m. on CTV, beginning Sept. 21)
Friday, Sept. 16
8 p.m. – CTV’s BIG FALL PREVIEW (CTV) – NEW

Sunday, Sept. 18
8 p.m. – THE 68TH PRIMETIME EMMY AWARDS (CTV)

Monday, Sept. 19
7:30 p.m. – THE BIG BANG THEORY (CTV) – Season 10 (Airs Thursdays at 8 p.m. on CTV, beginning Oct. 27)
8 p.m. – GOTHAM (CTV) – Season 3
8 p.m. – THE VOICE (CTV Two) – Season 11
9 p.m. – LUCIFER (CTV) – Season 2

Tuesday, Sept. 20
8 p.m. – MARVEL’s AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. (CTV) – Season 4 (Airs Tuesdays at 10 p.m. on CTV, beginning Oct. 11)
8 p.m. – THE VOICE (CTV Two) – Season 11
10 p.m. – THIS IS US (CTV) – NEW (Airs Tuesdays at 9 p.m. on CTV, beginning Oct. 11)

Wednesday, Sept. 21
8 p.m. – THE GOLDBERGS (CTV Two) – Season 4 (Airs Thursdays at 8:30 p.m. on CTV, beginning Oct. 27)
9 p.m. – LAW & ORDER: SVU (CTV) – Season 18 (Airs Wednesdays at 9 p.m. on CTV Two, beginning Oct. 12)
10 p.m. – DESIGNATED SURVIVOR (CTV) – NEW

Thursday, Sept. 22
8 p.m. – GREY’S ANATOMY (CTV) – Season 13 (Airs Thursdays at 7 p.m. on CTV, beginning Oct. 27)
9 p.m. – NOTORIOUS (CTV) – NEW
10 p.m. – HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER (CTV) – Season 3

Friday, Sept. 23
8 p.m. – SHARK TANK (CTV) – Season 8
9 p.m. – THE EXORCIST (CTV) – NEW
10 p.m. – BLUE BLOODS (CTV) – Season 7

Saturday, Sept. 24
7 p.m. – W5 50TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL (CTV) – NEW

Sunday, Sept. 25
8 p.m. – ONCE UPON A TIME (CTV) – Season 6
9 p.m. – SECRETS AND LIES (CTV) – Season 2
10 p.m. – QUANTICO (CTV) – Season 2

Wednesday, Sept. 28
9 p.m. – CRIMINAL MINDS (CTV) – Season 12
10 p.m. – CODE BLACK (CTV Two) – Season 2

Saturday, Oct. 1
7 p.m. – W5 (CTV) – Season 51 Premiere

Monday, Oct. 3
10 p.m. – CONVICTION (CTV) – NEW

Tuesday, Oct. 4
8 p.m. – THE FLASH (CTV) – Season 3

Wednesday, Oct. 5
8 p.m. – ARROW (CTV Two) – Season 5

Thursday, Oct. 13
8 p.m. – DC’s LEGENDS OF TOMORROW – Season 2

Saturday, Oct. 15

8:30 p.m. – AMERICAN HOUSEWIFE (CTV) – NEW

Friday, Oct. 21
8 p.m. – THE VAMPIRE DIARIES (CTV Two) – Season 8 (Final Season)

#25 ·
I have to correct my previous post - LEGENDS OF TOMORROW is the only program that doesn't specify whether it is on CTV or CTV Two, so it will be on CTV Two as originally planned. GREY’S ANATOMY will air Thursday, Sept. 22 at 8 p.m. on CTV until THE BIG BANG THEORY takes the timeslot on Oct. 27.

Here are the PDFs for the 24 hour grids. The links from the upfront are now broken.
CTV: http://www.bellmedia.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/CTV-Fall-2016-Schedule.pdf
CTV Two: http://www.bellmedia.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/CTV-Two-Fall-2016-Schedule.pdf

#28 ·
LONsat

Wow CTV2 is becoming the network of strip programming. And Castle is becoming CTV's version of Murdoch Mysteries being inserted all over the place on CTV, CTV2 and wherever else on their specialities.
Also on Space if I'm not mistaken. I really don't watch TV much these days because of the diluted content and endless reruns of Duck Dynasty or stuff like that. Meanwhile there are good shows in the US that never make it to a Canadian channel.

#29 ·
Is it really true that a lot of good US shows don't make it here ? I would have thought that between the specialty channels , netflix, showmi and crave plus the regular networks the great majority of shows are covered . Granted there are exceptions, off the top of my head , Wynona Ryder and probably others but i doubt we are missing a great many . Of course one needs to pay for the above .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.