FOX 2016-17 schedule - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 2016-05-16, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

FOX 2016-17 schedule

The networks will be announcing their fall schedules this week. To get things started, here is the status of the existing shows:

Canceled:
American Idol, Boom!, Bordertown, Cooper Barrett’s Guide to Surviving Life, Grandfathered, The Grinder, Knock Knock Live, Minority Report, Golan the Insatiable, Second Chance

Renewed:
Bob’s Burgers, Bones, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Empire, Family Guy, Gotham, Hell’s Kitchen, The Last Man on Earth, Lucifer, MasterChef, MasterChef Junior, New Girl, Rosewood, Scream Queens, The Simpsons, Sleepy Hollow

New shows for 2016-17:
24: Legacy, APB, The Exorcist, Lethal Weapon, Making History, The Mick, Pitch, Prison Break, Son of Zorn, Star

Awaiting news:
American Grit, Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?, Bullseye, The X-Files

Source

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2016-05-17 at 07:40 PM. Reason: removed The Cleveland Show
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 2016-05-16, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

FOX fall schedule

All times are ET/PT, with new shows in bold.

EDIT: FOX shuffled PITCH, BONES and PRISON BREAK as explained in post 9, so I made the changes to the schedule and highlighted the original schedule in RED.

FALL
Monday
8 p.m. “Gotham”
9 p.m. “Lucifer”

Tuesday
8 p.m. “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” (new time)
8:30 p.m. “New Girl” (new time)
9 p.m. “Scream Queens”

Wednesday
8 p.m. “Lethal Weapon”
9 p.m. “Empire”

Thursday
8 p.m. “Rosewood” (new time)
9 p.m. “Pitch” (was “Bones”)

Friday
8 p.m. “Hell’s Kitchen”
9 p.m. “The Exorcist”

Saturday
7 p.m./4 PT: FOX College Football

Sunday
7 p.m. NFL on FOX
7:30 p.m. “The OT”/”Bob’s Burgers”
8 p.m. “The Simpsons”
8:30 p.m. “Son of Zorn”
9 p.m. “Family Guy”
9:30 p.m. “The Last Man on Earth”

WINTER/SPRING
Monday
8 p.m. “24: Legacy” (winter)/”Gotham” (spring)
9 p.m. “APB” (winter)/”Lucifer” (spring)

Tuesday
8 p.m. “New Girl” (winter)/”Brooklyn Nine-Nine” (spring)
8:30 p.m. “The Mick”
9 p.m. “Kicking & Screaming” (winter)/“Prison Break” (spring) (spring was “PITCH”)

Wednesday
8 p.m. “Lethal Weapon” (winter)/“Shots Fired” (spring)
9 p.m. “Star” (winter)/”Empire” (spring)

Thursday
8 p.m. “Rosewood”
9 p.m. “Bones” (final season) (was “Prison Break”)

Friday
8 p.m. “Masterchef Junior”
9 p.m. “Sleepy Hollow”

Saturday
8 p.m. FOX Sports Saturday

Sunday
7 p.m. Animation reruns
7:30 p.m. “Bob’s Burgers”
8 p.m. “The Simpsons”
8:30 p.m. “Making History”
9 p.m. “Family Guy”

Notes: THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW, a brand-new reimagining of the cult-classic movie, is set to air October 2016
“24: Legacy” will premiere after the Super Bowl on February 5 before moving to Monday the following night.

Additional FOX series and special include: BOB’S BURGERS, BONES, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE, COUPLED, EMPIRE, FAMILY GUY, GOTHAM, HELL’S KITCHEN, HOME FREE, HOTEL HELL, THE LAST MAN ON EARTH, LUCIFER, MASTERCHEF, MASTERCHEF JUNIOR, MEGYN KELLY presents, MISS UNIVERSE, MISS USA, NEW GIRL, ROSEWOOD, SCREAM QUEENS, THE SIMPSONS, SLEEPY HOLLOW, SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE: THE NEXT GENERATION, SUPERHUMAN, TEEN CHOICE 2016, WAYWARD PINES and YOU’RE BACK IN THE ROOM (wt).

New show descriptions are in the full press release.

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2016-05-21 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Update
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 2016-05-16, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 2016-05-16, 11:48 AM
Veteran

I am still baffled that they renewed Sleepy Hollow based on the soft ratings, skewering by the critics & fans, and loss of one of the leads. It won't even have enough for syndication after this season either.
Norman_C likes this.
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 2016-05-16, 12:34 PM

I suppose I'm in a small minority, but I liked Bordertown. I'm kind of mystified that Fox continues with Family Guy and Simpsons when it seems even those who liked the shows (and Seth MacFarlane himself) acknowledge they probably should have ended years ago, while other new animated shows presumably brought in to replace them (Sit Down Shut Up, etc.) get quickly canceled. It's a little like the classic rock bands from the 70s or 80s that continue making new albums that almost no one wants to hear, but people will still go to see them play their old songs.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 2016-05-16, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

@HarvesterOfEars Here are 18-49 season average ratings for Fox's animation shows. Simpsons and Family Guy were only behind Empire and The X-Files for all Fox shows. Advertisers pay for eyeballs.

1.77 The Simpsons (renewed)
1.49 Family Guy (renewed)
1.06 Bob's Burgers (renewed)
0.73 Bordertown (cancelled)
Wheelman likes this.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 2016-05-16, 02:40 PM

Well I knew it was obviously because of ratings -- I guess I should have worded it in a better way, maybe something like 'I don't understand how so many apparently keep watching them when it seems almost everyone thinks these shows should have ended years ago.'

For as long as the Fox network has existed, and even more than the other US networks, they seem to have habitually stuck with a very small number of shows long after their best-before date has expired (like Married With Children), while constantly and impatiently changing the rest of their schedule every few weeks. Not to imply that all of the new shows that get quickly canceled are good -- most of them aren't. But even the shows that may be good don't get a chance to stay around long enough for more people to discover them, for example the way NBC did in the past with things like Seinfeld and Cheers.

It reminds me of Peter Griffin going through the long list of shows that debuted and were quickly canceled by Fox just during the time that Family Guy was in limbo before returning in 2005.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oMTmtN7lHI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dave View Post
... status of the existing shows:
Canceled:...The Cleveland Show...
Existing? It was canceled at least three years ago. The last new episode aired in May of 2013. And even that may have been Fox burning off unaired shelved episodes when they had stopped ordering new ones another year before that, as MacFarlane has said his shows take about a year to produce before they get aired.
denben73 likes this.
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 2016-05-17, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info about The Cleveland Show. I didn't double check before I did a copy and paste, but now that I checked, I will remove it.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 2016-05-21, 03:50 AM Thread Starter

New drama PITCH will move up to air Thursdays at 9 p.m. in Fall 2016 (13 episodes)
The farewell 12th season of BONES will air Thursdays at 9 p.m. in Winter 2017 (12 episodes)
PRISON BREAK will air Tuesdays at 9 p.m. in Spring 2017 (10 episodes)

Full Press Release: FOX Announces Revised Schedule for 2016-2017 Season

Note: I updated the original schedule in post 2

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2016-05-21 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Update
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 2016-06-16, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

FOX fall TV 2016 premiere dates

All of the network’s fall series will premiere the week of Sept. 19, the start of the Nielsen-measured season.
All times are ET/PT, with new series in italics.

Monday, Sept. 19
8 p.m. “Gotham”
9 p.m. “Lucifer”
Tuesday, Sept. 20
8 p.m. “Brooklyn Nine-Nine”
8:30 p.m. “New Girl”
9 p.m. “Scream Queens”
Wednesday, Sept. 21
8 p.m. “Lethal Weapon”
9 p.m. “Empire”
Thursday, Sept. 22
8 p.m. “Rosewood”
9 p.m. “Pitch”
Friday, Sept. 23
8 p.m. “Hell’s Kitchen”
9 p.m. “The Exorcist”
Sunday, Sept. 25
7:30 p.m. “Bob’s Burgers”
8 p.m. “The Simpsons”
8:30 p.m. “Son of Zorn”
9 p.m. “Family Guy”
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 2016-07-30, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 2016-08-08, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

‘New Girl’ and ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ will cross over in the fall
The crew of “New Girl” heads to New York and meets the cops of “Brooklyn Nine-Nine.” The crossover is scheduled for Oct. 11.

'Son of Zorn' premiere moves into post-NFL spot on FOX

Son of Zorn, initially scheduled to premiere at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT Sept. 25, will now debut at 8 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 11, following an NFL doubleheader. It will take the following week off opposite the Emmy Awards and then move into its regular 8:30 home on Sept. 25. (Technically the Sept. 11 episode, which is the series pilot, will be considered a “preview,” while the Sept. 25 episode will be designated the official series premiere.)
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 2016-09-09, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

'Hell's Kitchen' renewed through Season 18 on FOX

FOX picked up two additional seasons of Hell’s Kitchen which will take the show through its 18th cycle. Season 16 of the show premieres Sept. 23.
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 2016-10-12, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

'Lethal Weapon' gets a full 18-episode season on FOX

'Lethal Weapon' is adding five additional episodes (bringing its total to 18) which FOX is calling a full-season order.
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 2016-10-27, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

'Bones' Final Season Gets Premiere Date, New Time Slot On Fox | Deadline

Bones will premiere its 12-episode final season on Tuesday, January 3 at 9 PM, following the time slot debut of New Girl at 8 PM and new comedy The Mick at 8:31 PM.

Bones replaces new reality series Kicking & Screaming, which was supposed to air at 9 PM. It will still run in midseason, with premiere date and time slot TBD.

NEW COMEDY “THE MICK” TO PREMIERE SUNDAY, JANUARY 1

New comedy THE MICK will premiere on Sunday, Jan. 1 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT), following the NFL doubleheader on FOX. The series will then make its time period premiere with an all-new episode Tuesday, Jan. 3 (8:31-9:01 PM ET/PT).

BROOKLYN NINE-NINE has its two-part winter finale on Jan. 1, following THE MICK. The series returns in the spring.

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2016-10-27 at 02:12 PM. Reason: added more info

Tags
fox , schedule

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.