Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

TV Top 10: What Canadians Watched on Television in 2011

3K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  hercules130 
#1 ·
#6 ·
FUNNY done of the these shows are Canadian made. just rip offs from American channels.WERE made to pay and subsidize for Canadian content check your cable bill a contribution fee to CRTC'S LPIF FUND.CANADIANS don't and given the choice wouldn't pay this tax.ONE BILLION a year just for the CBC money better spent on healthcare or debt repayment.WHERE are Canadians shows.ya nobody's watching.except for HOCKEY IN NIGHT CANADA.

#8 ·
On those lists I only watched the 2.5 Men premiere (out of curiosity.....I hadn't watched an ep before or since), and then my regular shows Big Bang Theory, Amazing Race and Survivor. Looks like CBS shows dominate not only in America but in Canada too.

#9 ·
I did not watch any of these shows. If Candyapplered is correct ( I have no idea) and these shows are not Canadian content why are they allowed on TV in prime time? Surely the CRTC should be able to deal with this?

I watched many US shows on Discovery, Nat Geo, Food, etc. so I am just as guilty as anyone else of watching US content...but I am paying for those channels and not using the (supposedly rare) public spectrum.

#13 ·
The large number of Stanley Cup Finals broadcasts (and because of the Canucks) is the reason for the Grey Cup just missing the list. Usually it is around the top 5. It was watched by 4.32 million, which I think is just behind the Stanley Cup Finals, World Juniors final and Super Bowl among sports events.

#14 ·
MarcP, you're not the only member of the "weird demographic" club here. I didn't watch ANY of those shows! The only thing I did watch was the hockey finals, and only because I could get them with my TV antenna!

Most of my video viewing for 2011 was YouTube videos, various British television programs, and Stewart/Colbert/Conan.

And with barely any Canadian comedy/drama/variety shows in the Top 30, I must be completely nuts for STILL trying to launch my own Canadian television channel! What if I do produce proper and decent Canadian shows, and no one still wants to watch them?

Canadian culture has GOT to be more than just hockey and duct tape!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.