Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Luther and Misfits

3K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  cheadlebeagle 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if Showcase plans to show more seasons of these 2 shows? I enjoyed both, especially Luther. I cannot seem to find a way to contact Showcase to find out. Thanks

#6 · (Edited)
BBC Canada will air Season 2 of Misfits this Friday and Saturday

I'm not a fan of Misfits, but Showcase has recently been airing the Misfits Christmas Special (Season 2, episode 7). It's on Showcase again today, Wed. Dec 21 (10pm ET is first showing) as well as on Thursday Dec 22.

Plus, BBC Canada will also be airing that S2 Misfits Christmas episode on Friday Dec. 30 (9pm ET) and will also show ALL of the SEASON 2 Misfits episodes back-to-back, beginning with S2 episode 1 on Friday Dec. 30 at 10pm ET. The remaining 5 episodes of Season 2 will be aired from 11pm to 4am ET (Fri Dec 30/Sat Dec 31).

#7 ·
BBC Canada will air Season 2 of Misfits NEXT Friday (Dec 30) and Sat (Dec 31)

I couldn't edit and correct the Title of my last post, so I fixed it in this post. I am a Misfit. :rolleyes:

Once again, BBC Canada's Misfits Season 2 marathon starts NEXT week (Friday Dec. 30 and Saturday Dec 31).

#9 ·
Showcase AND BBC Canada will air Season 3 of Misfits starting in January 2012

And now it appears that both Showcase and BBC Canada will also air Season 3 of Misfits beginning Tuesday January 3rd (9pm ET) on BBC Canada and Thursday January 5th on Showcase (10pm ET). No Season 3 marathon is scheduled as of yet, so I assume that you'll only get to watch one Season 3 episode each week.

Note: If you don't have Showcase East (or later cancel the tier that includes it) and don't need BBC Canada for anything else but the reruns of Season 2, you could later subscribe to Showcase West through the $1.99 Premium Timeshifting package (from Rogers and perhaps other providers) that also includes several other Western timezone channels (such as: Comedy Network West, Teletoon West, etc.).

[Extra Note: The Canadian Timeshifting package with the various feeds of CBC, Global, etc. is a completely different package that doesn't include Showcase West, etc.]

#10 ·
Wooohoooo! Thanks for the update on Season 3 of Misfits...have been wondering if/when it would be shown over here. :D

I have both channels but will probably end up watching on Showcase instead of BBC Canada, to watch in HD (presuming it is HD...haven't checked on the guide yet).

#12 ·
The Misfits Christmas ep takes place a few months after the end of Series 2......and partially sets up some of the changes that are coming our way in Series 3.
So definitely watch that recording before watching the new ones!

There's also apparently a webisode that came out this past fall that further sets up S3, however I haven't gotten around to trying to seek that out yet - and supposedly it's not vital to see, but does explain the backstory around one of the major changes (sorry to be vague but I'm trying to be spoiler-free regarding what I do know about S3).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.