Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Dexter (Season 6): October 2nd

9K views 37 replies 16 participants last post by  asif9t9 
#1 ·

Enjoy the trailer. Looks like Dexter is going religious. And looks like Deb may be demoted. You see her in a cop suit briefly.

#5 ·
Dexter will be back for 2 more seasons. Story

Not much talk on this season going on. What are people thinking of season 6 so far.

The going theory is that Travis is working alone & professor Gellar is his dark passenger

#6 ·
Talljak: RE: your spoiler. I thought of that after ep. 1, but then thought against it. WE've seen evidence of both of their existence separately. I think that would be a stretch.
Otherwise, I'm enjoying the series, but I don't think it's the best.

#9 ·
I have my doubt about the spoiler too. When they were both at the restaurant and Travis was looking at the waitress, she came and served coffee to the both of them.
No she didn't. Geller is dead. The one we are seeing is definitely a figment of Travis's imagination - like Dex's dad or Rudy in the last episode. I don't think they have really been trying to hide that. (I didn't put it in spoilers because it isn't a spoiler - just my opinion based on what I have been watching.)

#11 ·
I think this season is terrible. It's all over the place story wise and at this point Dexter has little of the initial character traits defined in the first series and in the books. I feel like this series gets worse one season after the next and this one's really dropped. I guess it's hard for the writers to keep up. Who knows what they're going to do for two more seasons.

#12 ·
I think they will wrap up the story over the next two seasons with dexter being caught or dexter getting killed.
While this season has been a bit slower storyline wise its miles above season 3 which in my books was the hardest to watch due to acting and storyline.
ITK BHB and Trinity have been my favourite seasons thus far.

#13 ·
After the last episode I am beginning to think that the dark passenger hypothesis is now becoming likely. There were two scenes in particular. I'm terrible with names so I'll call the bad guys: Young and Old.

1. Young guy riding his bike and sees Debra leaving his sister's house. Old guy is nowhere in sight, yet it is Old guy who allegedly kills sister because he saw her talking with cop. Young guy saw her. he killed her.

2. When young guy looks up at loft to old guy when he's chained up, old guy disappers when Dexter looks. Dexter never saw him.

It is a little far fetched. Did young guy chain himself to the floor?

#14 ·
Yea its tricky to know for sure. Some scenes you think for sure that Travis has a dark passenger and other scenes you second guess your self. But its still my leading theory due to the fact that no one has actually seen or spoken to the professor.
An other possibility if its not a dark passenger that Travis has taken on or always had a split personality of sorts. Time will tell just 4 episodes left.

#17 ·
Seeing how LaGuerta is up to no good, I smile at the thought of having her on Dexter's kill table. :)

I'm intrigued at the preview of next week's episode and seeing Dexter being soaked in blood.

And I'm getting tired of Quinn. Drop that story line already. Then again... I wonder if Quinn is involved in the prostitute's death which has LaGuarta involved to push this under the rug. Or was it Matthews. His name was in the little black book earlier in the season.

The split/personality dark passenger thing would work with me except for one thing. The surviving girl said she heard two voices. Not one, but two. Sure Travis can speak using two voices, but it sounds kinda silly that he would do it in the church when Gellar is speaking to him, but not in public. This selective voice acting based on location doesn't sound right to me.

And Dexter is becoming too sloppy. A pen from Nebraska? c'mon...

#18 ·
Agree about quinn. He was sort of a foil for Dexter a few season's ago, but since he no longer suspects him of anything, he's got little-to-no use on the show. Same with LaGuerta. Show needs a good culling of characters. The Asian dude's gotten boring too.

#19 ·
Well I guess that
Gellar in the freezer confirms what was suspected. Travis is working with his own dark passenger

Its been fairly obvious the last little while. Will be an interesting wrap up.

#20 ·
I wonder if she's still in love with Dexter now.... ;)

I'm wondering, though, when the call came of a couple murdered, how come nobody went in until Dexter arrived? Not one cop. They had everybody there relaxing on the lawn. And when they were all in the kitchen, nobody heard the sound of a hammer breaking the wall? That'd be pretty loud.

#21 ·
I thought the same thing. They wuldn't be just waiting around for the splatter guy to show up (especially since blood splatter wasn't at play so much in that case)...but that's just a minor plot loophole.

Overall this wasn't one of the best Dexter seasons.

#24 ·
... Overall this wasn't one of the best Dexter seasons.
Wow, a lot of people seem to feel that way but I couldn't disagree more. I thought the writing went in the toilet.

I mean, how many times can Dexter just punch something into his "Net Wrangler" search page and with 10 seconds has solved things that the whole rest of the police force and FBI can't. For example this week with working out the skyscraper based on some doodle on a brown bag. Or a little while ago with working out the chemical bomb girl in the police station just in the nick of time. Or at the beginning when he works out the "Tooth fairy killer" with no trouble at all when the FBI couldn't do it for years. There were countless other examples.

All season long he seems to have been working everything out with no trouble at all in just seconds and just in the nick of time. And the side stories have been all over the place.

The first season was great. After that they seem to have deviated away from the original character and the books considerably. This season the writing seems to have been done by a bunch of amateurs who made it crazy bad, and set up a whopper of a cliff-hanger finale which some new crew of writers will probably have to sort out somehow.

That's my two cents.....

#23 ·
Did he not leave a kill room setup on a boat in the penultimate episode before he was "thrown" into the lake of fire?

Also, what happened to the dizziness and nose bleeds after physical exertion especially with all that swimming? Does Dexter have a super healing ability?

The police do not look at a crime scene until the blood expert shows up and has a chance to destroy his image in a mural and nobody hears the hammering of the drywall? (this was already mentioned)

What happened to having 2 cops on each building rooftop?

This was a lazy season in the writer's room, plot points just seem to almost randomly change for the convenience of the scene at hand.

I feel the most interesting character this season was wasted... the relationship with Brother Sam seemed to be used as a MacGuffin.

Cheers

#28 ·
Dexter also made a mess of things trying to get his "kill". By not alerting the police to Travis, he allowed him to murder his own sister, some other innocents, and almost Dexter's sister as well. Imagine if he hadn't realized at the last minute who the woman was - they'd all be dead.

Dexter went off script. He is now the best detective they have (he is the only one figuring things out, either alone or at the crime scenes.).

The season started off promising, but failed to deliver in the end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.