Google Nexus S frequencies question - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 2011-04-11, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

Google Nexus S frequencies question

Hello,

Im currently on a fido contract which will be expiring soon. I want to buy a Nexus S phone. Rogers/fido offers that phone which they say is unlocked. Since Fido's and Rogers pricing sucks, I might switch to mobilicity in a couple months. If I buy a Rogers/fido nexus s, will it work with mobilicity's 3G network ? I've read that a mobilicity phone or a used craigslist phone won't get 3G through fido.

Basically, is there a nexus s version that will give me compatibility with both networks ? I want to buy the phone outright, which will give me better bargaining power through fido. I'm going to tell them to match mobilicity's pricing or im gonna switch providers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 2011-04-11, 11:52 AM
Veteran

If you're going to switch providers, then do so before buying new hardware; especially if your new provider supports a different set of frequencies. This is the case for all the new companies (Mobilicity, Wind, etc).
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 2011-04-11, 01:50 PM

There are two versions of the Nexus S. One that works with 3G on Bell/Rogers/Telus and their flanker brands, and one that works with 3G on Wind/Mobilicity/Videotron. There is no version that will do both.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 2011-04-11, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks. That is the answer I needed. With my fido dollars I can get the nexus for dirt cheap. Maybe I can convince them to reduce my rates now that my contract is almost up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.