Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Need Help Finding A Song That Played On Stingray Music

26K views 27 replies 8 participants last post by  57 
#1 ·
Heard a song on Stingray Music while I was at restaurant yesterday (June 02) afternoon between 2:30PM-3:44PM Pacific Time. It was 80's sounding. Is there anywhere I can find a playlist at all?

Tried asking Stingray on Faceback but said they couldn't tell me due to overwhelming requests.

Stingray is all set up totally different now with Shaw. Last time I listened on-line 1-2 yrs logged on with all the music type channels and playlists posted. It's totally different set up. There's no way for me to check as App doesn't work on laptop.

#7 ·
Stingray no longer has the playlists on their regular website. However, if you have their app on a tablet or phone, the last 25 or so songs are available there under channel settings or something like that - the 3 dots on the right side of the channel under channels, then select standard programming (or similar). If you have the app on your phone or tablet, you can then enable the new Stingray web player on your computer and they have similar information on that website - say the past 25 songs.

#9 ·
Tried asking them on twitter but all they replied with is steps reviewing last 24 hrs and installing the app. App won't install because my laptop is non-Android device. Once again, I don't have a mobile.

Like 57 mentioned Stingray doesn't post playlists on their website anymore like they used too. I tried asking the restaurant but they don't have any playlists from yesterday and they also play a few different Stingray music channels throughout the day. Only thing I can do is try watching Stingray channels. Last time I accessed Stingray 1-2 yrs ago via shaw there wasn't app at all. Just logged in and that was it.

#10 ·
App won't install because my laptop is non-Android device. Once again, I don't have a mobile.
The only way to get Stingray on a computer browser now is to first have an app installed on a tablet or phone. You then get an authentication code which you can use to enable the web version on your computer browser. I believe that authorization is good for 6 months (just like on a mobile device) before it needs re-authenticating.

The authentication for a mobile device, like a tablet or phone, is done by holding the device near a speaker playing Stingray music in the subscriber's home.

#11 ·
^^

For some reason I can't quote posts. Stingray never used to be like that. No idea why they changed it with app. It was fine the way it was before. Not everyone owns mobile/tablet or has Android device. Shaw are real gems too with someone telling me I can still listen without app. Just make Stingray account. App must be installed. Period.

Emailed Stingray but they didn't bother to respond at all. A real bunch of class acts. I didn't realize asking what songs that were played at certain date/time was asking too much. Why they no longer posts playlists on their website is another real head scratcher.

I've been watching Stingray 80's TV channel but so far the song hasn't played again. Oh well. I've had it with all this ***** and total non-sense. Zero **** given by companies. What else is new.

#12 ·
I've always found Stingray quite responsive to my queries, but I guess it depends on the question. The website changed because they want to be dealing with actual customers, not just random people. I also found it a bit annoying at first too, but I understand why corporations make these sorts of changes and activated the web-version using my iPad.

Although they still exist, there are not that many people who don't have either a smartphone or tablet...

#17 · (Edited by Moderator)
Stingray playlists??

Sometimes we listen to the Stingray channels on Shaw satellite but maybe we're in another room or something and we don't want to go to the living room and turn on the TV to see the name of the song or who sings it. We used to be able to see all the songs on the Galaxie website but now we can't find them on the Stingray website. Like here's the page for Around the world but it doesn't say whats playing:

https://music.stingray.com/en/channels/020/around-the-world

Is all that gone or did we miss a part of the web site where we can see the playlists? Thank you.

#18 ·
Funny you should ask this because I also was very recently looking for the name of song myself I heard playing on Stingray at restaurant.

Stingray no longer posts playlists on their website like they used too. Ever since the app came along. This was all news to me as I found out last time I was on their website August of last year when I logged into my Shaw account with all the playlists there along with listening to whatever music channel. I'd really like to know what the reason is for doing away with posting the playlists on their site. I contacted them asking if they could tell me the name of the song but claimed they couldn't. Just total BS and runaround. If you don't have Android device SOL as there's no way to install app on non-Android device. There's no app for Windows, which is totally incredibly stupid. Stingray can't seem to comprehend that not anyone has or uses Android device. Only place they post the playlists now is thru web player.

Only reason I found the song was just happened to totally luck out hearing it playing on radio station. Had been watching Stingray 80's TV Channel non-stop trying to find it before heard it again

#20 · (Edited)
Hi, 5thej. Dr Dave moved my msg to this thread so I saw all your posts and ppl answering you. Wow thats annoying. I don't know why they can't put the list on the web like they used to. I don't want to put an app on my iPhone just so I can find out about a song once and a while. I hope ppl will tell Stingray on their FB and twitter to pls put the lists back on the web site!

p.s. I just remembered that our PVR is always going so we can back it up and look for a song. But still I think Stingray should post the info too!

#23 ·
I don't want to put an app on my iPhone just so I can find out about a song once and a while. I hope ppl will tell Stingray on their FB and twitter to pls put the lists back on the web site!
Here is my comment from 6 months ago when they launched the new web site and app:
I found the support page here: Support | Stingray Music
There are user guides for mobile and Web Player. ...

One other weird thing I noticed is that you can't use the Web Player unless you first create an account using a mobile device. You'd think they would realize that their Web Player would be most useful to those people that don't have a smartphone.
You need a smart phone to create an account and "listen" to a Stingray channel on your TV for a few seconds to authorize you for free access for 180 days. You then use your smart phone to authorize your PC.

The lists are on the web site on the channel menu - "Standard Program: list of tracks played on the channel’s standard program over the last 24 hours."

The difference is you have to be logged in to use the web player (which includes the ability to see the track list for that channel on your TV.)

Once you set up the account, you can remove the app from your phone if you don't want it there. I'm not sure what happens after 180 days. You may be prevented from playing music or you may be prevented from seeing the channels altogether until you use your smart phone to reauthorize you for another 6 months.

#24 ·
Rogers (and other) providers changed the way that Stingray was transmitted about 5 years ago and they have been recordable since. (SDV Channels on Rogers)

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/37-...-now-stingray-music-rogers-4.html#post1415095

The "radio" stations (on Rogers) are not recordable due to the way they are transmitted. (audio streams)

1. You need a smart phone to create an account and "listen" to a Stingray channel on your TV for a few seconds to authorize you for free access for 180 days. You then use your smart phone to authorize your PC.

The lists are on the web site on the channel menu - "Standard Program: list of tracks played on the channel’s standard program over the last 24 hours."

2. I'm not sure what happens after 180 days.
1. Or Tablet like an iPad. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, very few people don't have a tablet or smart phone and Stingray prefers to deal with actual customers rather than "wasting time" with "surfers".

2. You need to reauthorize. I always check how many days I have left before going on a trip. If there are only a few days, I reauthorize and get 180 days from that point on.

#27 ·
When they were Galaxie, you could email the programmer directly. All of them were fantastic and very responsive. When Stingray took over, most of the longtime programmers were let go. I have yet to get a reply on anything I've asked the last few years. No direct communication anymore with staff either. That's progress for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.