Need Help Finding A Song That Played On Stingray Music - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By DSgamby
  • 1 Post By 57
  • 1 Post By 57

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 2017-06-03, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Need Help Finding A Song That Played On Stingray Music

Heard a song on Stingray Music while I was at restaurant yesterday (June 02) afternoon between 2:30PM-3:44PM Pacific Time. It was 80's sounding. Is there anywhere I can find a playlist at all?

Tried asking Stingray on Faceback but said they couldn't tell me due to overwhelming requests.

Stingray is all set up totally different now with Shaw. Last time I listened on-line 1-2 yrs logged on with all the music type channels and playlists posted. It's totally different set up. There's no way for me to check as App doesn't work on laptop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 2017-06-03, 02:07 PM
Veteran

Remember any lyrics? Gender who sings it? Any other specifics of the song?

If you hear it often and have a cell phone. Just use Shazaam. It names the vast majority of the songs even Canadian artists.
Jase88 likes this.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 2017-06-03, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

I can't recall anything about the song. Heard it before but not in along time. Don't own cell/smart phone i'm not kidding.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 2017-06-03, 02:24 PM
Veteran

Since you can't give any specifics of the song. I suggest contacting Stingray at musicsupport@stingray.com
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 2017-06-03, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Tried asking Stingray on Faceback but said they couldn't tell me due to overwhelming requests.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 2017-06-03, 02:50 PM
Veteran

Just email them. You might get a different response. If not, you are SOL until you hear it again and have a cell phone or someone with you have a cell phone to get the song info. The only people other then Stingray that can help you are people in the restaurant where you heard the song as different restaurants use different music channels.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 2017-06-03, 06:55 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
Stingray no longer has the playlists on their regular website. However, if you have their app on a tablet, the last 25 or so songs are available there under channel settings or something like that - the 3 dots on the right side of the channel under channels, then select standard programming (or similar). If you have an app, you can then enable the new Stingray web player and they have similar information on that site - say the past 25 songs.

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 2017-06-03, 07:11 PM
Veteran

Just keep listening to the same station. Don't know what their current playlist cycle is but it will probably be on again in a few hours or during the next few days.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 2017-06-03, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Tried asking them on twitter but all they replied with is steps reviewing last 24 hrs and installing the app. App won't install because my laptop is non-Android device. Once again, I don't have a mobile.

Like 57 mentioned Stingray doesn't post playlists on their website anymore like they used too. I tried asking the restaurant but they don't have any playlists from yesterday and they also play a few different Stingray music channels throughout the day. Only thing I can do is try watching Stingray channels. Last time I accessed Stingray 1-2 yrs ago via shaw there wasn't app at all. Just logged in and that was it.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 2017-06-04, 10:11 AM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thej View Post
App won't install because my laptop is non-Android device. Once again, I don't have a mobile.
The only way to get Stingray on a computer browser now is to first have an app installed on a tablet or phone. You then get an authentication code which you can use to enable the web version on your computer browser. I believe that authorization is good for 6 months (just like on a mobile device) before it needs re-authenticating.

The authentication for a mobile device, like a tablet or phone, is done by holding the device near a speaker playing Stingray music in the subscriber's home.
DSgamby likes this.

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 2017-06-05, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

^^

For some reason I can't quote posts. Stingray never used to be like that. No idea why they changed it with app. It was fine the way it was before. Not everyone owns mobile/tablet or has Android device. Shaw are real gems too with someone telling me I can still listen without app. Just make Stingray account. App must be installed. Period.

Emailed Stingray but they didn't bother to respond at all. A real bunch of class acts. I didn't realize asking what songs that were played at certain date/time was asking too much. Why they no longer posts playlists on their website is another real head scratcher.

I've been watching Stingray 80's TV channel but so far the song hasn't played again. Oh well. I've had it with all this ***** and total non-sense. Zero **** given by companies. What else is new.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 2017-06-05, 10:48 PM

I've always found Stingray quite responsive to my queries, but I guess it depends on the question. The website changed because they want to be dealing with actual customers, not just random people. I also found it a bit annoying at first too, but I understand why corporations make these sorts of changes and activated the web-version using my iPad.

Although they still exist, there are not that many people who don't have either a smartphone or tablet...
DSgamby likes this.

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

I heard it playing on radio. Total fluke.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old Today, 09:25 AM
Veteran

Quote:
It was 80's sounding.
I believe it is from the 1980s. I remember hearing it from about that era.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.