Need Help Finding A Song That Played On Stingray Music - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 2017-06-22, 10:38 PM
Veteran

Yeah. Missed that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 2017-06-27, 07:53 PM

Stingray playlists??

Sometimes we listen to the Stingray channels on Shaw satellite but maybe we're in another room or something and we don't want to go to the living room and turn on the TV to see the name of the song or who sings it. We used to be able to see all the songs on the Galaxie website but now we can't find them on the Stingray website. Like here's the page for Around the world but it doesn't say whats playing:

https://music.stingray.com/en/channe...ound-the-world

Is all that gone or did we miss a part of the web site where we can see the playlists? Thank you.

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2017-06-27 at 10:10 PM. Reason: merged threads
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 2017-06-27, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Funny you should ask this because I also was very recently looking for the name of song myself I heard playing on Stingray at restaurant.

Stingray no longer posts playlists on their website like they used too. Ever since the app came along. This was all news to me as I found out last time I was on their website August of last year when I logged into my Shaw account with all the playlists there along with listening to whatever music channel. I'd really like to know what the reason is for doing away with posting the playlists on their site. I contacted them asking if they could tell me the name of the song but claimed they couldn't. Just total BS and runaround. If you don't have Android device SOL as there's no way to install app on non-Android device. There's no app for Windows, which is totally incredibly stupid. Stingray can't seem to comprehend that not anyone has or uses Android device. Only place they post the playlists now is thru web player.

Only reason I found the song was just happened to totally luck out hearing it playing on radio station. Had been watching Stingray 80's TV Channel non-stop trying to find it before heard it again

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 2017-06-27, 10:12 PM

@Bayguy see posts 7, 10 & 12 of this thread.

Last edited by 57; 2017-06-28 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Added 10, 12
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 2017-06-28, 11:54 AM

Hi, 5thej. Dr Dave moved my msg to this thread so I saw all your posts and ppl answering you. Wow thats annoying. I don't know why they can't put the list on the web like they used to. I don't want to put an app on my iPhone just so I can find out about a song once and a while. I hope ppl will tell Stingray on their FB and twitter to pls put the lists back on the web site!

p.s. I just remembered that our PVR is always going so we can back it up and look for a song. But still I think Stingray should post the info too!

Last edited by Bayguy; 2017-06-28 at 12:50 PM.
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 2017-06-29, 12:48 AM
Veteran

I read that Stingray recording is disabled on PVRs so the rewind feature may not work either.
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 2017-06-29, 02:22 AM

??? Not sure what you mean ExDilbert. We can record anything from Shaw.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 2017-06-29, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayguy View Post
I don't want to put an app on my iPhone just so I can find out about a song once and a while. I hope ppl will tell Stingray on their FB and twitter to pls put the lists back on the web site!
Here is my comment from 6 months ago when they launched the new web site and app:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dave View Post
I found the support page here: Support | Stingray Music
There are user guides for mobile and Web Player. ...

One other weird thing I noticed is that you can't use the Web Player unless you first create an account using a mobile device. You'd think they would realize that their Web Player would be most useful to those people that don't have a smartphone.
You need a smart phone to create an account and "listen" to a Stingray channel on your TV for a few seconds to authorize you for free access for 180 days. You then use your smart phone to authorize your PC.

The lists are on the web site on the channel menu - "Standard Program: list of tracks played on the channel’s standard program over the last 24 hours."

The difference is you have to be logged in to use the web player (which includes the ability to see the track list for that channel on your TV.)

Once you set up the account, you can remove the app from your phone if you don't want it there. I'm not sure what happens after 180 days. You may be prevented from playing music or you may be prevented from seeing the channels altogether until you use your smart phone to reauthorize you for another 6 months.
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 2017-06-29, 10:15 AM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExDilbert View Post
I read that Stingray recording is disabled on PVRs so the rewind feature may not work either.
Rogers (and other) providers changed the way that Stingray was transmitted about 5 years ago and they have been recordable since. (SDV Channels on Rogers)

Galaxie (Now Stingray Music) On Rogers

The "radio" stations (on Rogers) are not recordable due to the way they are transmitted. (audio streams)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dave View Post
1. You need a smart phone to create an account and "listen" to a Stingray channel on your TV for a few seconds to authorize you for free access for 180 days. You then use your smart phone to authorize your PC.

The lists are on the web site on the channel menu - "Standard Program: list of tracks played on the channel’s standard program over the last 24 hours."

2. I'm not sure what happens after 180 days.
1. Or Tablet like an iPad. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, very few people don't have a tablet or smart phone and Stingray prefers to deal with actual customers rather than "wasting time" with "surfers".

2. You need to reauthorize. I always check how many days I have left before going on a trip. If there are only a few days, I reauthorize and get 180 days from that point on.

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 2017-06-29, 02:40 PM

We can record radio stations and like I said anything on Shaw Direct.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 2017-07-09, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

How funny is this. Went to the same restaurant again on the same day around same time and what do I hear playing on Stingray but that same darn song!! Watched 80's channel for how many days without hearing it at all

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.