Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

CBC London, ON: Expansion of Content & Services

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  bigoranget 
#1 ·
#3 ·
An interesting development, even if it is 25 years too late. I was also surprised to hear that anyone at the CBC would acknowledge that London even existed.

The frequency is 93.5MHz. I haven't seen recent figures but CBC FM has fairly low numbers compared to other local stations. Considering the recent cutbacks in local programming at other stations, this new show will be welcomed by those who like to listen to local talk shows.

#4 ·
Yes London has Radio 1 (93.5) and Radio 2 service (100.5) and Radio-Canada Priemere in French (99.3).

Radio 1 gets its morning program Ontario morning - from the Toronto Studio and the afternoon program is a joint London-Windsor program originating from Windsor. Until a couple years ago, London got the Toronto afternoon drive program out of Toronto from 4-6pm. London was sort of a Toronto/Ontario-wide hybrid rebroadcaster and recently a Toronto/Windsor/Ontario-wide hybrid.

When up and running London will have its own morning program. When they talked about it yesterday on the radio it sounded like there would be no change in the afternoon drive portion but that Ontario Morning might be revamped as it would be serving the following with the following communities:

Bancroft 600 AM
Brockville 91.9 FM
Cornwall 95.5 FM
Deep River 97.9 FM
Haliburton 92.3 FM
Huntsville 94.3 FM
Kingston 107.5 FM
Maynooth 89.3 FM
Midland 89.7 FM
Muskoka 94.3 FM
Orillia 91.5 FM
Owen Sound 98.7 FM
Parry Sound 89.9 FM
Pembroke 92.5 FM
Peterborough 98.7 FM
Shelburne 102.5 FM
Whitney 98.5 FM
Wiarton 98.7 FM
Wingham 100.9 FM

I believe there is now a Tillsonburg transmitter that is a semi-repeater of London.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.