HD Radio Receivers (Home & Portable) - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 2015-10-08, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

Arrow HD Radio Receivers (Home & Portable)

found this link thru the HD Radio site for HD Radios. In case anybody was looking for non-Car Radios
SPARC Products

Channel Master CM4228HD, CM3414, DVR+, Sharp AQUOS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 2016-01-15, 07:40 PM
Rookie

Question HD Radio Tuner for Home Stereo? (2016)

Hello all, I'm trying to find an affordable HD Radio tuner to attach to my home stereo. Where I live many of the radio stations broadcast in HD and I'd like to be able to tune them in. I'm looking for something like this: Sony XDR-F1HD

It has a remote and and LCD Display and connects directly to a receiver. Back in the day I think they sold for around $80 but alas you cannot find them new.

Can anyone help me with this? Point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Matt
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 2016-01-16, 02:02 AM

The Sony model you mention has often been hailed as "the best radio tuner ever". Given the glowing reviews, have you considered buying one used?

Unfortunately what's available new these days simply doesn't compare.....

DMX 68' tower, HyGain HAM 5 rotator, Antennas Direct DB8e & C5, Channel Master 7777 preamp, Siemens surge protection. TiVo Roamio DVR

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 2016-01-17, 03:10 AM
OTA Forum Moderator

Thumbs up Attention Industry, We Have A Product Requirement!

mattsse, here's a link to new HD Radio home audio gear known by Ibiquity (HD Radio inventors) to be presently on the market: Get an HD Radio receiver | HD Radio. There aren't any standalone tuner boxes listed there but there are definitely some high end AV receivers with HD Radio capability from a variety of manufacturers. You mentioned "affordable" so consider that the used market has Onkyo AV receivers with HD Radio tuners, and probably other brands do too.

As both of you mentioned, the amazing Sony XDR-F1HD might still be found on the used market. Likewise if you don't find a new HD Radio standalone tuner model on the Sangean web site you can check the used market for one of the Sangean HDT-1 or HDT-1X tuner models.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 2016-01-23, 10:32 PM

Magnum Dynalab

You can usually find one of the Sony units on Ebay, but the price will be between $100 and $200.

Magnum Dynalab has just come out with 2 stand alone HD units, however they may be out of your price range.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 2016-01-25, 03:07 PM
OTA Forum Moderator

Thanks for that, Bryston - the Magnum Dynalab models are the MD70HD and the MD70THD:

Magnum Dynalab Products: FM Tuners, HDRadio, Integrated Amplifiers (click on HDRadio tab)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryston
they may be out of your price range
Does anyone know what the retail prices might be like? A quick search didn't turn up any of these new models yet. This is high end gear.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 2016-01-25, 08:33 PM
Veteran

Worked for a Mcintosh auth. sales/svc dealer for a while when I was in college (80s).
Mcintosh => Binghamton, NY.

McIntosh MR88 AM/FM/XM/HD Tuner

Again, gonna be kinda pricey...

DB4E/VHF Yagi rotor FM Bandstop ap-8700 preamp 4way split LG lcd.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 2016-01-25, 09:07 PM
OTA Forum Moderator

Yep, that one is listed at $4,500 SRP in the iBiquity link I included in Post #3.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 2016-02-06, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampeder View Post
Thanks for that, Bryston - the Magnum Dynalab models are the MD70HD and the MD70THD:

Magnum Dynalab Products: FM Tuners, HDRadio, Integrated Amplifiers (click on HDRadio tab)Does anyone know what the retail prices might be like? A quick search didn't turn up any of these new models yet. This is high end gear.
The people at Magnum Dynalab are a friendly bunch, if you contact them I'm sure they can quote a price. They also sell direct.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 2016-03-03, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Canadian Supplier Of HD Radio Receivers

Hello Maxam...Here are a couple of links that can help you get a HD Radio.

This site seems to have a whole bunch of them. I never used them. So, don't know more than the site info.
Products | MyHDRadio | Canadian online HD Radio Sales

HD Radio now has a Canada link. But, it still seems to be a in progress section.
canada | HD Radio

Channel Master CM4228HD, CM3414, DVR+, Sharp AQUOS
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 2016-03-03, 08:44 PM
Veteran

I don't know if the radios sold at MyHDRadio are any good, but it seems there are coupon codes to save 10% - go to your station's website and you should see the code in their HD Radio section
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 2016-03-04, 01:56 PM

This is the first time I've seen an ad for various HD radios and I've been searching for several months. Thanks Blackburst for the link!
Max
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 2016-09-03, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunear View Post
I bought one Gigaware HD Radio Receiver for iPhone ...
I've seen these available on ebay from the U.S. for about Cdn$21 after you add the shipping to Canada. But like the post I quoted, it looks like they were made four years ago, and the first thing I notice about them is that they have the big older 30-pin type of connector. Does anyone know if it will work with a more recent iphone or ipod touch if you use the right kind of 8-pin 'lightning' adapter?
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 2017-02-21, 04:02 PM
Veteran

Sangean HDT-1 Dead

My Seagean goes silent after a few seconds on.Happens even if i disconnect antenna.Back to my Onkyo T4500 analog tuner which sounds better on analog signals anyway.Sangean not best quality.Remote buttons stopped after first year than tuner buttons started to fail.Now complete failure.I have 3 older analog tuners that all work perfectly and are much older.I dont see any new good HD radio Home component tuners.

Attic CM 4248 at Buffalo,M4 at Buffalo.VHF yagis at Toronto .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.