Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

FLOW 93.5 to become 93.5 Today Radio on Feb 14, 2022 after Parent company Stingray sells the flow branding to G98.7 FM, which will become FLOW 98.7

9K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  hiohio 
#1 · (Edited)
The New FLOW 935 will be moving out of their studio at 211 yonge, and should be moving in to the new home at the CHUM FM building, pending the results of the sale to CTV Globe Media. Flow has some sort of compression sound to their station, so i wonder if they will be using new equiptment to comply with the audio standards of the Chum Radio Group?

<Updated Post> Please scroll down to the bottom to see the new update about FLOW 93.5 FM

#2 ·
Well its a SAD day for Flow, they finally moved into the same CTVgm studio as CHUM, and on top of that, they FIRED a few personalities today as well.

Check their website, they are now a "Chum" radio station

#3 ·
well just a much needed update, ctvgm became bell media, flow was under ownership of bell media. bell media then later aquired astral media, and as per the deal bell had to divest some stations in markets so they do not exceed the allowment, one of the stations they divested was flow 93.5, it was put into a holding trust, pending sale to newcap radio, and just recently, within the last month or two, cant remember exactly, but newcap fully aquired them, they are now, flow 93.5 a division of newcap radio. since they were sold to newcap but were still operating in the studio owned by bell media (much music building) they had to move out, they moved to 2 saint clair west, which was the old studio of astrals cfrb newstalk 1010, which im guessing newcap aquired, and the former astralstations which were operating out of 2 saint clair west, were eventually moved to the bell media much music complex.

#5 ·
Flow 93-5 recently changed radio formats do u like the new format?

Toronto based radio station Flow 93-5 (CFXJ) a division of Newcap Radio (formerly a division of Bell media until the Bell-Astral deal it was forced to sell) recently changed their on-air radio format to a mix of top hits and throwbacks, so the only noticeable difference is they are playing more "wayback" type of songs, you know, the stuff that you listened to in high school or college. I think its pretty good, I've always liked older music and no one on fm radio was ever playing this, only satellite radio.

#6 ·
I know its kind of late, but they changed their format and name some time after changing ownership from Bell Media to Newcap Radio. They changed from Flow 93.5 to 93.5 The Move. You know what? I kind of like the new station and format a bit, I mean I'm not 100% crazy crazy about them, but yeah their on my top 5 stations, guess what? I grew up in the era of listening to this music when I was younger so it will never go away it had a place in my life and I am glad they are around to fill the void. One thing interesting to note, they are starting to sound like the old Energy 108 (107.9 FM)

#9 · (Edited)

FLOW 93.5 to become FLOW 98.7 after transfer of intellectual property between two stations

Iconic hip hop radio station FLOW 93.5 will soon become FLOW 98.7 this valentines day. I do not know the logistics behind the swap, but the owners of G98.7 (CKFG-FM) have reached into an agreement to buy the "FLOW" brand from Stingray Music the owners of CFXJ-FM Flow 93.5.

It is unclear what station will launch on the 93.5 FM frequency on Monday morning, but it is also sad to hear many personalities were let go from Flow and G98.7.

#10 ·
It is unclear what station will launch on the 93.5 FM frequency on Monday morning, but it is also sad to hear many personalities were let go from Flow and G98.7.
My guess is a Soft AC format like "The Breeze" or Top 40 format "HOT" like what they have on the Stingray owned stations in Sudbury and Ottawa but there are other Top 40 (CHR) formats like CKFM 99.9 Virgin Radio, CKIS-FM Kiss 92.5 and CIDC-FM Z103.5. But we will have to find out on Monday what it is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.