The New Flow 93.5 will be sharing same building with CHUM FM once sale is final - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 2010-12-27, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

The New Flow 93.5 will be sharing same building with CHUM FM once sale is final

The New FLOW 935 will be moving out of their studio at 211 yonge, and should be moving in to the new home at the CHUM FM building, pending the results of the sale to CTV Globe Media. Flow has some sort of compression sound to their station, so i wonder if they will be using new equiptment to comply with the audio standards of the Chum Radio Group?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 2011-02-02, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Well its a SAD day for Flow, they finally moved into the same CTVgm studio as CHUM, and on top of that, they FIRED a few personalities today as well.

Check their website, they are now a "Chum" radio station
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 2014-05-18, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

well just a much needed update, ctvgm became bell media, flow was under ownership of bell media. bell media then later aquired astral media, and as per the deal bell had to divest some stations in markets so they do not exceed the allowment, one of the stations they divested was flow 93.5, it was put into a holding trust, pending sale to newcap radio, and just recently, within the last month or two, cant remember exactly, but newcap fully aquired them, they are now, flow 93.5 a division of newcap radio. since they were sold to newcap but were still operating in the studio owned by bell media (much music building) they had to move out, they moved to 2 saint clair west, which was the old studio of astrals cfrb newstalk 1010, which im guessing newcap aquired, and the former astralstations which were operating out of 2 saint clair west, were eventually moved to the bell media much music complex.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 2014-05-19, 08:16 PM

Bell kept CFRB and it has moved ti the old City building. They also kept Virgin. Newcap bought Flow and Boom. Boom stayed at St Clair and was joined by Flow as you indicated.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 2014-10-24, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Flow 93-5 recently changed radio formats do u like the new format?

Toronto based radio station Flow 93-5 (CFXJ) a division of Newcap Radio (formerly a division of Bell media until the Bell-Astral deal it was forced to sell) recently changed their on-air radio format to a mix of top hits and throwbacks, so the only noticeable difference is they are playing more "wayback" type of songs, you know, the stuff that you listened to in high school or college. I think its pretty good, I've always liked older music and no one on fm radio was ever playing this, only satellite radio.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 2017-03-25, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

I know its kind of late, but they changed their format and name some time after changing ownership from Bell Media to Newcap Radio. They changed from Flow 93.5 to 93.5 The Move. You know what? I kind of like the new station and format a bit, I mean I'm not 100% crazy crazy about them, but yeah their on my top 5 stations, guess what? I grew up in the era of listening to this music when I was younger so it will never go away it had a place in my life and I am glad they are around to fill the void. One thing interesting to note, they are starting to sound like the old Energy 108 (107.9 FM)

Bell Satellite TV, 9400 HD PVR, 65 Inch LED TV, Smart Blue Ray Player, No sound system.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 2017-03-26, 08:14 PM
Veteran

So its 70's & 80's music then? that's what I was listening to in high school & college?

It's fun being weird It's fun being weird It's fun being weird You should try it sometime. The Detour
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 2017-03-27, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Late 80's and early 90's music buddy. I said it was music "I" listened to in high school, not you, big difference

Bell Satellite TV, 9400 HD PVR, 65 Inch LED TV, Smart Blue Ray Player, No sound system.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.