Donald Trump condos... are you buying? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 2007-10-12, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Donald Trump condos... are you buying?

Apparently prices are to range from 1.6 million to 16 million dollars Who in their right mind is going to drop that much living above an hotel and for a condo?

Donald.....you can count me out mate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 2007-10-12, 06:28 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Panasonic TCP65S1, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 8300-eHDD
I was reading the Real Estate News section of the Globe today. There seems to be no shortage of people willing to pay these prices at the various condos going up in Downtown TO at prices close to (and in some cases above) $1000/sq. ft. I saw the ads for at least a half dozen "starting in the low millions".

It was only a few years back that you could purchase some inexpensive places for just over $100/sq. ft. That's not possible any more here.

57's Optimization Services (Home Theatre Optimization) . . . . 57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 2007-10-13, 08:42 AM Thread Starter

It's crazy the way things are going, Toronto is going to turn to a city lived in by wealthy folks and all the poor folks would be driven out Then again I have seen a lot of homes shows to know that the people buying these expensive condos live there for a year, even though they can hardly afford it, and then claim they are selling due to some made up story
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 2007-10-13, 10:54 AM
Veteran

I think the only option in Trump's condo is gold coverered everything.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 2007-10-13, 11:02 AM
Member #1

These folks don't remember the condo market in 1989. I have already heard that small luxury condos down by the waterfront are starting to drop in value.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 2007-10-13, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

Yes I saw his house with all that gold covered stuff, it was tacky The only thing that look good in that house, was his new Eastern European wife
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 2007-10-13, 04:31 PM
Premium Supporter

Trump set for towering debut

[Alex] Shnaider, 39, is expected to take possession of the penthouse, which is valued at $20 million (Canadian), making it the most expensive condominium in the country.

Wonder what the condo maintenance fees are?
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 2007-10-13, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

The guy is a moron, giving his money to another billionaire, no wonder trump is richer than him. Anyway...he could have just bought the house that the mattamy owner is trying to sell in Oakville with a baseball diamond on the land.

The thing with buying a 20 million dollar condo is that he still has to share the elevator with the lower class people
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 2007-10-13, 05:39 PM

Maybe he does not want to live in Oakville.
Anyway it keeps guys working.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 2007-10-14, 12:20 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksparrow View Post
Apparently prices are to range from 1.6 million to 16 million dollars Who in their right mind is going to drop that much living above an hotel and for a condo?

Donald.....you can count me out mate
According to an article at http://www.canada.com/topics/news/na...80cc0c&k=11654
Quote:
Trump and his partners from Talon International Development, Inc., say 70 per cent of the building is already sold out.
Is it worth it? Well...
Quote:
The building will also feature a two-level spa, a sushi and martini bar, a restaurant on the 30th floor and "24-hour access to two chauffeur-driven S-Class Mercedes sedans" for all its residents.
The article gets one thing wrong. They talk of the suites being "up to" 1.6 megabucks. They actually start at 1.6 megabucks, and go up from there. Let's just say that the average member of this forum is not the "target market" for this building, even though OTA TV reception in a southeast-facing condo at the 50th storey should be awesome. I can see a market for maybe 1 or 2 of these in Toronto.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 2007-10-14, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

Am sure antennas and dishes won't be allowed on the side of the building.....
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 2007-10-14, 10:56 AM

The people who can afford to buy will buy, simply because real estate is a safe bet for long term investment, and also because of the Trump name recognition, that alone adds a lot of value. In some of Trump's buildings in New York, only the richest in the world are privileged to live there, even Bill Gates. So by becoming part of "Trump" you're basically part of the same circle these guys are part of, although on a totally different level but hey you gotta start somewhere!
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 2007-10-20, 06:28 AM Thread Starter

If I had all that kind of money, I won't buy it, I'll just build my own. Just look at Seinfeld's house in the Hamptons
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 2007-10-20, 10:56 AM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Panasonic TCP65S1, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 8300-eHDD
There was an article in Today's Globe indicating that a lot of these condos are being purchased by foreign buyers as investments. Relative to a lot of major world cities, Toronto is inexpensive.

57's Optimization Services (Home Theatre Optimization) . . . . 57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 2007-10-20, 01:54 PM
OTA Forum Moderator

As mentioned on Air Farce last night, when completed the top of the new Trump Tower will have the world's tallest free-standing comb-over!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.