Stephen King Tribute Night in Toronto - June 8, 2007 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 2007-06-09, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Stephen King Tribute Night in Toronto - June 8, 2007

Here are some pictures I took.

Apologies for the quality. Best viewed with the slideshow options.

Here is the first of two videos. Part of Chuck Klosterman Interview with King.

Here King relates an incident where he last earned honest money. The irritating cackling in the background is me and my brothers.

Here is the second video capturing King's Acceptance Speech.

Good stuff - pretty damn funny!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 2007-06-10, 07:39 AM

You must be a fan of Stephen King. Have you ever seen his house? He has a 3 headed dragon on his wrought iron gate surrounding his house. We make a detour to go see him each time we are in Bangor. He's my wifes favorite author. I sent him one of his books to sign along with a US money order to cover the postage back to me and we now have an autographed book from him. He's quite the character!

Home Theatre: Yamaha HTR-6190, Klipsch Speakers, SANYO PLV-Z4, TOSHIBA HDDVD, LG BD555C, Cerwin Vega HTS12 Sub, VIP2300, XBox 360, HTPC.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 2007-06-10, 07:59 AM
Veteran

I use to read his work all the time

I did enjoy his movie The Secret Window" with J Depp
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 2007-06-10, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

Danster, I have never been out that way but it is on my list on things to do. As to being a King fan - oh yeah! Favourite author by far.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 2007-06-10, 03:09 PM

He's got one HUGE house. It doesn't look like it from curbside but when you position yourself just right, you see how long it is.

I have to tell you this story...it was very neat, you will see.

One year, the night before Halloween, we were in Bangor for a weekend trip. My wife wanted to see his house before we would drive back to NB. I said sure and went by. It was just like in the movies: The dark skies were coming from behind the house since they were forcasting thundershowers, and the only light in the house (it was just after supper so dusk was just setting in) was in a window up in one of his turrets. Of course, my wife started thinking about which book might he be writing, which short story was brewing etc etc. The setting couldn't have been any better.

Speaking of short stories, if you have the chance to see Hearts in Atlantis, that is one heck of a good movie. With Anthony Hopkins as the lead role, it makes for a feel good type of movie. The only book I ever read was the one he wrote for his daughter "Through the dragons eyes" and that is why there is a 3 headed dragon on the front gate.

Home Theatre: Yamaha HTR-6190, Klipsch Speakers, SANYO PLV-Z4, TOSHIBA HDDVD, LG BD555C, Cerwin Vega HTS12 Sub, VIP2300, XBox 360, HTPC.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 2007-06-10, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for sharing that story. Very cool.

Hearts In Atlantis is not a bad movie either, even though that version cut out so much cool stuff from the book.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.