*RIP* Gord Downie of The Tragically Hip Past Away - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 2017-10-18, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

*RIP* Gord Downie of The Tragically Hip Past Away

It was announced today that The Hip Frontman Gord Downie past away in his sleep from Brain Cancer last nite. This is sad. As a kid I really enjoyed listening to "The Hip" on the radio and TV. If it wasn't for our conventional Radio and TV Broadcast system I would have never known about The Hip nor listened to their music but I do and I'm damn proud I am a fan of theirs

Bell Satellite TV, 9400 HD PVR, 65 Inch LED TV, Smart Blue Ray Player, No sound system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 2017-10-18, 02:43 PM

By coincidence, CBC announced this a few days ago:

GORD DOWNIE'S SECRET PATH IN CONCERT TO PREMIERE SUNDAY, OCTOBER 22 ON CBC - CBC Media Centre

Filmed at Roy Thomson Hall in Toronto on October 21, 2016, GORD DOWNIE’S SECRET PATH IN CONCERT will make its broadcast premiere on Sunday, October 22 at 9 p.m. (9:30 NT) on CBC and will also stream at cbc.ca/arts/secretpath, commemorating the 51st anniversary of Chanie Wenjack’s death.

Just a reminder that CTV will show The Tragically Hip Tour Documentary LONG TIME RUNNING on Sunday, November 12 at 8 p.m. ET. The commercial-free theatrical version begins streaming on CraveTV on Monday, November 13.

See this thread: The Tragically Hip Concert
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 2017-10-18, 08:34 PM

In Tribute to Gord Downie, CTV Advances World TV Premiere of LONG TIME RUNNING to Now Air This Friday, October 20 at 8 p.m. - Bell Media

CTV announced today it will now present the acclaimed film about The Tragically Hip, LONG TIME RUNNING, in a special advance, commercial-free world television premiere event this Friday, October 20 at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 2017-10-18, 08:35 PM

@Dr.Dave

CTV has announced that they're moving up the premiere of Long Time Running to this Friday evening.

The Tragically Hip's 'Long Time Running' Doc Will Air This Week

Edit: Damn... you beat me to it by a whole minute!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 2017-10-19, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

I am waiting for the program guide to update so I can set my PVR as I will be out of town that day.

Bell Satellite TV, 9400 HD PVR, 65 Inch LED TV, Smart Blue Ray Player, No sound system.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 2017-10-20, 12:25 AM

I would suggest a manual recording.

Calgary, Vancouver and Toronto schedules (local time)
7 PM Marvel's Inhumans
8 PM Long Time Running
9:38 PM COURAGE | IN MEMORY OF GORD

From zap2it:
COURAGE: IN MEMORY OF GORD
Footage of interviews with rock band The Tragically Hip in tribute to musician Gord Downie.
9:38 - 10:00 PM

CTV.ca/schedule shows the program runs past 10 PM, so I would add extra time.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 2017-10-20, 01:21 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

ok but everywhere just advertises the "START" time, which is 8 O'Clock in the Centre of the Universe aka Toronto, no one is advertizing the "RUN" time anywhere, so its hard to do a manual recording you kinda need that info, too.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 2017-10-20, 01:46 AM

Bell's press release in post 3 says the 95-minute film will run commercial-free and that is confirmed by Zap2it. The length of the program "COURAGE: IN MEMORY OF GORD" that runs afterward isn't clear. Zap2it says it ends at 10, but CTV.ca/schedule says it ends sometime after 10. You can use your own judgement if you want to record that as well.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 2017-10-20, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

oh well, i set a manual timer, maybe i have to adjust it a bit more to add an extra 5 mins, if it gets screwed up i will watch the re-broadcast or watch it on demand via crave tv

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 2017-10-20, 02:45 PM

UPDATE: CTV Confirms Live Stream for LONG TIME RUNNING - Bell Media
Quote:
CTV confirms today that all Canadians with access to the internet will have the opportunity to watch LONG TIME RUNNING tonight when it has its commercial-free world television premiere at 8 p.m. ET/MT.

In addition to the CTV broadcast, the film is available in a free live stream on CTV.ca and in the CTV GO app, beginning at 8 p.m. ET/MT.

Immediately following the LONG TIME RUNNING broadcast, CTV presents Courage | In Memory of Gord, a 20-minute tribute piece comprised of archived Much interviews with Gord Downie and The Tragically Hip from throughout the years. The special will also stream on CTV.ca and in the CTV GO app.
Courage | In Memory of Gord is 20 minutes, so the entire special will wrap up at 10 PM to allow Blue Bloods to start at it's normal time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.