Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just bought XXX!

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Canyda 
#1 ·
Well I have two small kids so my New Years are dull affairs however tonight I'll be watching XXX with Vin Diesel so I hope it's good!

And BTW its not a smut flick!

#3 ·
My son got an HMV gift certificate as a Christmas gift so he bought "XXX" on New Years eve. Consider it James Bond for the extreme sports crowd. 13 year old boys seem to really like it as there were two others in front of us buying the same flick.

In the course of the movie, Vin Diesel goes snow boarding, rock climbing, motocross cycling, jumping out of a plane, uses a silver tray as a skateboard to slide down a set of hand rails, and saves the world. I thought it was an OK action flick but I don't expect him to be accepting any Oscars :) Oh yeah, expect a sequel.

BTW, I haven't been in an HMV for a while and I was shocked at the prices they charge for DVDs. $42.99 for "Eight Legged Freaks", $49.99 for "Apollo 13" and so on. Are they insane? "XXX" was $25.99 - a couple of bucks more than Future Shop but we had that gift certificate to use.

#4 ·
Had too much wine for dinner on New Years Eve :oops: so have to watch it on the weekend!

#6 ·
BTW, I haven't been in an HMV for a while and I was shocked at the prices they charge for DVDs. $42.99 for "Eight Legged Freaks", $49.99 for "Apollo 13" and so on. Are they insane?
Must be. I've noticed the same thing. Guess people are paying it, though, otherwise they wouldn't be charging those kinds of prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.