Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ottawa (Stittsville), ON, OTA (DB4e & VHF-HI folded dipole, AP-2870 pre-amp in Attic), MythTV HTPC
I borrowed that Spartan 3 pre-amp and did some experimenting yesterday and I must say things are about as clear as mud right now.
I saw that Global was down late morning/early afternoon so I did the swap to see if it would help. It didn't. Frustrated I just left things alone and continued to try it throughout the day. It still wasn't coming in in the evening and I thought that maybe something changed and I need to do a re-scan, which I did and sure enough it started to come in again. So now I am not sure what problems are on the transmitter side and what are problems on my end. After the re-scan I did have it fail once but trying again immediately it was able to get a lock. I will probably keep the pre-amp installed for a while and see how well it performs, but at this point I am not holding my breath.
Just so everyone knows, I am using an HVR-950Q with MythTV for all my tests.
Link to my TVFool results is in my profile Homepage URL. I suggest others do the same.