OTA Station Status: Buffalo, Rochester NY - Page 90 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1336 of 1439 (permalink) Old 2017-01-12, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood View Post
Those who are into internet videos typically watch them using a thing called the internet, so I'm not sure why someone would use OTA to watch YouTube clips that they can't control.
Don't have to deal with bandwidth caps or buffering. Channel surfing is also a great way to discover things you'd otherwise not have seen. Though, with this format, there's little incentive to not just Youtube the entire thing once you've found it ...
Inglewood likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1337 of 1439 (permalink) Old 2017-01-13, 03:43 PM

Probably in the minority here, but hopefully WUTV will keep the country channel around as 29.4
Inglewood likes this.
post #1338 of 1439 (permalink) Old 2017-01-20, 07:00 PM

Saw a promo that said WNED is going to launch PBS Kids 24/7 on January 30th.
dheian likes this.

post #1339 of 1439 (permalink) Old 2017-01-21, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarksideDan View Post
PBS Kids 24/7 on January 30th.
It would be nice if they could do a 720p sub channel for PBS kids.

If not, my kid will continue enjoying TVO Kids in HD!
post #1340 of 1439 (permalink) Old 2017-01-27, 04:26 PM

WNED 17-3 has a PBS Kids test pattern on. It is 16:9 480i.
post #1341 of 1439 (permalink) Old 2017-01-30, 11:09 AM

PBS Kids was on this morning. My kid was watching it. Then just before 11 am the sub channel completely disappeared.

It came back on, it switched to 17-2 then back to -3.
post #1342 of 1439 (permalink) Old 2017-01-30, 07:06 PM
Veteran

your kid didn't notice the 16:9 480i 'eh?

DB4E/VHF Yagi rotor FM Bandstop ap-8700 preamp 4way split LG lcd.
post #1343 of 1439 (permalink) Old 2017-02-13, 09:05 AM

Looks like TBD launched online today. OTA possibly in the next two weeks?
post #1344 of 1439 (permalink) Old 2017-02-13, 11:50 AM

Okay 17.3 WNED is the new kid's channel. Question is how many kids are staying up past 10pm every night to watch this channel?
I suppose one could be recording the late night programs for day time viewing.

Openbox S9, 33”, 25" dishs, GeoSatpro, Avenger PLL LNBFs. Stab 90HH.
OTA, CM4221HD, 3410 amp, 3 way split, HW-150 PVR
post #1345 of 1439 (permalink) Old 2017-02-13, 04:45 PM

Wish they would bring back the WORLD feed that use to be 17.2 until about a year ago - even on the Kids Channel in the evening and overnight. I doubt many kids are up at 2am watching cartoons.
post #1346 of 1439 (permalink) Old 2017-02-13, 05:13 PM

I don't think you're ever going to see adult content on PBS Kids since that would kind of negate the point of the channel, but I wouldn't be surprised if you see more family programming. They're planning a general audience evening block, though right now it just seems like a home for longer form preschool content.

Quote:
Beginning Friday, April 21, 2017, the new channel will debut “PBS Kids Family Night,” and will offer weekly family viewing events featuring movie specials or themed programming. These events will appear every Friday from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., repeating on Saturday and Sunday evenings. “Family Night” will kick off with popular movie favorites such as “Odd Squad: The Movie” and “Sesame Street: The Cookie Thief, and will also feature world premiere movie events such as “Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood: Tiger Family Trip,” “Wild Kratts: Alaska Adventure,” “Ready Jet Go!: Return to Bortron 7” and “Arthur and the Haunted Treehouse.”
PBS Will Launch Family Night on New PBS Kids Channel | Variety
post #1347 of 1439 (permalink) Old 2017-02-13, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood View Post
I doubt many kids are up at 2am watching cartoons.
Have you ever looked after a sick child overnight?

I would like the World channel back though.
nerakmacd likes this.
post #1348 of 1439 (permalink) Old 2017-02-15, 09:07 AM

New sub channel TBD now on Rochester's WUHF 31.4
Looks kind of fun. No major commitment to watch, full of
shorts and clips. Little bursts of entertainment while channel
surfing.
post #1349 of 1439 (permalink) Old 2017-02-15, 08:09 PM

Jorgek I was babysitting my granddaughter a week ago and she's a night owl. We enjoyed PBS kids shows at 10pm and we loved having Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood available. I think it's a great channel.
post #1350 of 1439 (permalink) Old 2017-02-19, 04:08 PM

WBBZ is adding Heroes & Icons on 67.2 (replacing ThisTV):

Quote:
WBBZ will soon offer a new, free over-the-air television network on the station’s digital sub-channel WBBZ-DT 67.2.

The “Heroes and Icons” network will include all six of the Star Trek series, including the original, all subsequent sequels, and the animated version. “Heroes and Icons” is presented by Weigel Broadcasting – the same people that deliver MeTV, Memorable Entertainment Television on WBBZ-TV Channel 67.1 and our other carriers.

H&I (Heroes and Icons) classic and contemporary programming includes Hunter, Wild Wild West, Pretender, The Man from U.N.C.L.E., Rawhide, Cheyenne, NYPD Blue, Hill Street Blues, MacGyver, Renegade, The Commish, Xena: Warrior Princess, 21 Jump Street, Hercules: The Legendary Journeys, Kung Fu, Sheena, The Greatest American Hero, Matt Houston, The White Shadow, Wiseguy, Nash Bridges, J.A.G., Renegade, Real Stories of the Highway Patrol, and many more.

Phil Arno, owner of WBBZ-TV commented, “Western New York viewers, especially Star Trek and sci-fi fans, now have another opportunity to enjoy classic television full of heroic characters, with over 30 iconic series each week. This is the first time all six original Star Trek series are available on one network, with the original uncut and enhanced.”

To pick up the station, viewers may need to re-scan their TVs and/or digital boxes. “Heroes and Icons” is currently only available over-the-air for viewers who have a digital VHF antenna.
WBBZ-DT 67.2 Will Soon Boldy Go Where No Network Has Gone Before! | WBBZ-TV

I currently can't catch WBBZ with my indoor antenna, but still, it's good to see it find a Buffalo home. ThisTV seemed like a decentish channel, so it's sad they're dropping it and not something else.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.