OTA Station Status: Seattle, Tacoma, Bellingham WA - Page 55 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #811 of 817 (permalink) Old 2016-06-19, 11:53 PM
s40

I just tried it in Coquitlam at 7:50 pm and it is fine here. I do notice that occasionally I have to move my Silver Sensor clone a little to get it, but it seems fine tonight. All four of the channels seem fine (28. 1,2,3, and 4), the weather can cause the signal to jump around a bit here, maybe that is the problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 817 (permalink) Old 2016-07-23, 12:42 AM

12.3 seems to be back again. Now broadcasting as H&I (Heroes and Icons). I think I liked it better when it had a Bollywood focus...
post #813 of 817 (permalink) Old 2016-07-23, 10:35 PM
s40

There now seems to be a blank space on 12.4 as well, so maybe there is going to be another channel available on KVOS.

post #814 of 817 (permalink) Old 2016-07-24, 06:27 AM
Rookie

H&I looks promising, all 5 series of Star Trek debuting today with the first episode of each, plus Hercules & Xena.
post #815 of 817 (permalink) Old 2016-11-04, 04:37 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
I receive KCTS Seattle on Rogers channel 532. Recently I noticed that I was seeing a DD2.0 signal on most programming. I know they use an "upmixer" for any DD2.0 programming that comes into their channel. They "Passthrough" any DD5.1 programming.

After a few back and forth e-mails today, they admitted that their (upmixer/encoder) broke a couple of months ago. They will be replacing it shortly. Originally their "contact us" person stated that there was no issue. At least after I "pressed" the issue and convinced her I knew what I was talking about, she came clean.
Jaygeetee and Wheelman like this.

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #816 of 817 (permalink) Old 2017-07-18, 11:38 PM
s40

I see we have another shopping channel on 24.3. Usually only two channels with 24, religion on .1 and Jewelry on .2, but now we also have QVC on 24.3 from the Bellingham station. When I had one of those good reception days I found one channel with 7 sd stations from the Seattle area I believe, I wonder if that will eventually happen here.
post #817 of 817 (permalink) Old 2017-11-08, 01:58 PM

Technical Alerts

UPDATE: As of 11/8/2017 7:30am: Update to the Channel K24IC-D exciter issue. The transmitter will be repaired on Thursday afternoon/ evening. We will keep you posted as to the time of the repair. This outage will affect over the air viewers in the Bellingham, British Columbia/ Victoria, Port Angeles, Mount Vernon and possibly as far south as Everett areas.

As of 11/7/2017 we are experiencing a broadcast outage on channel 24 in the Bellingham area. Our engineers are working on fixing this problem, we are hoping to have channel 24 back up by Thursday, November 9, 2017. We will keep you posted.

Thank you,

KBTC Web Staff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.