Sale of Android boxes To Obtain "Free TV" Is Now Illegal In Canada. - Page 38 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

433Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #556 of 560 (permalink) Old 2018-05-16, 02:52 PM
Veteran

Iím totally confused now. I was talking to one of my part time shuttle drivers who is big into this whole Android Box pirate stuff. I told him that I won a box that is staying stock, to be used for Amazon prime, YouTube ect. He tells me that his box is setup for live channels like all the TSN, Move networks, super channel, network channels ect all for $15/month for everything. How does that work? I thought these boxes were loaded with programs like Kodi or whatever and you search on a show by show basis like on demand. Apparently there is a store in town that charges $15/month for live feeds. I told him that itís all illegal and I want nothing to do with it myself. Where are these live feeds coming from? I donít know much about the pirate side of things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #557 of 560 (permalink) Old 2018-05-16, 04:14 PM

I think the monthly fees they charge are more of a maintenance fee then for "programming".

I remember back in the 90's I worked for a major hardware store chain in Canada (the location was a franchise) that sold U.S. satellite "programming" right on the floor and for a monthly fee, they would keep the cards up to date. You could get your satellite card re-programmed, rainchecks, and keys cut at the same counter.

I think that is what the monthly fee is for - that non-tech savvy buyers get someone to update their box with the latest pirate feeds when the old ones go down.

If I was a "supplier" of these boxes, I'm sure the daily calls from "customers" that have problems would be annoying. I have enough problems dealing with elderly relatives and fairly basic legal services and helping them out - can't imagine dealing with someone who barely knows tech who's box went down before a game they wanted to watch.
post #558 of 560 (permalink) Old 2018-05-16, 08:42 PM

@Bll ackloz
Quote:
Where are these live feeds coming from?
They're just internet links, Reddit and several others host links for live coverage of almost any channel you can think of. These change often and but it is like "whack a mole". As long as the internet is still up and running there will be pirating.

On a side note did anyone smile when the Commish of MLB was critical of Rogers for their less than stellar management of Skydome and their poor marketing of the Jays?

https://globalnews.ca/news/4166226/r...-commissioner/

189 transmitters

post #559 of 560 (permalink) Old 2018-05-17, 09:01 AM

Many times with these boxes, if your seeing a $15/m fee, etc... its usually for an illegal IPTV service.
Yes, still just link feeds that someone else is re-broadcasting, etc.
Often with a unified interface, etc.

GDKitty
Rogers 9865, LG 47LV5400 LED TV, Onkyo HT-R690.
post #560 of 560 (permalink) Old 2018-05-19, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

In Europe they are getting serious in fighting pirate IPTV providers.
https://torrentfreak.com/police-forc...ration-180519/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in