Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Blue Jays Playoff Games via Internet Stream?

10K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  TorontoColin 
#1 · (Edited)
OK no OTA, so is it then possible to stream the games via either Sportsnet or Fox Sports ??

#4 ·
It does say that, but I believe it also still says that Canadians will be blacked out during the regular season and we're not. It also doesn't list Sportsnet among the broadcasters of the games on the MLB.tv page, and Sportsnet is the national broadcaster for Canada.

I'll be able to let you know tomorrow night, when the wild card game happens. If I can watch, then we're not blacked out. Also, either way, if you pair it with a VPN or DNS service that convinces it you're outside North America, it should work.

#11 ·
I live in Toronto and use TekSavvy as my ISP.

I just registered and paid for Postseason.TV ($9.99 US) via MLB.TV.

I then loaded my MLB At Bat app on my Android device and logged into my MLB.TV account and it says "Based on your current location the following game is currently available for streaming" (paraphrasing) and it loads the "This game will begin shortly" screen.

So it looks like it works without any Rogers login necessary, and without any blackout in Toronto for the Blue Jays game about to start.

$10 US for the playoffs seems well worth it, especially for a cable-cutter! No need to go to the in-laws to watch! ;)

And there is a 5-day cancellation period at MLB.TV so if for some reason it doesn't work for you, you can cancel and get your money back.

Go Jays!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.