KODI (formerly XBMC) Discussion - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 2015-05-06, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

KODI (formerly XBMC) Discussion

Edit by Dr.Dave:
Quote:
No piracy discussions - discussion of how to pirate satellite or cable signals or discussion of how to engage in illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed. Encouraging others to engage in piracy or posting links to sites that engage in such activity or promote such activity is also prohibited.
Does anyone know where I can get IPG Data for KODI for free, meaning an XML File

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2015-09-24 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Piracy Reminder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 2015-05-07, 12:33 AM

Not sure what you are looking for but maybe...http://www.bbtsip.tv/kodi-14-ldquohelixrdquo.html
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 2015-05-07, 12:57 AM
Veteran

That site is an unsupported third party site that is not part of the KODI project. It's also for IPTV, not TV listings. I don't recommend it since some of these sites cause problems with KODI.

The IPG data is not usually used by KODI itself. It's used by the TV backend. How this is supplied depends entirely on the backend software used. There are number of TV backends supported. They include MediaPortal, MythTV, NextPVR and Windows Media Center (WMC). TV support is provided by TV plugins included in KODI. Once the TV backend is chosen, then a method of obtaining TV data can be determined.

I use NextPVR as the backend and purchase TV listings from Schedules Direct. It costs US$25/yr. Note that obtaining TV listing using other methods may violate copyright laws or terms of use for TV listings sites. Discussing these activities are against the policies of this forum.
post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 2015-05-07, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Thanks, I wasn't clear. I have NextPVR already functioning as a backend, but no Guide Data to import into KODI. I'll check Schedules Direct. Im using a USB ATSC stick as well .
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 2015-05-07, 07:53 PM
Veteran

Unfortunately, Tribune stopped providing free guide data a few years ago. That's when I switched to Schedules Direct. I find that it works very well with NextPVR and the cost is not budget breaking. I've seen references to guide scrapers and other methods on PVR software sites but they always seemed to be more trouble than the $25 Schedules Direct costs. The irony is that it would probably be cheaper if more people subscribed. It is a non-profit organization run by open source PVR developers so nobody is getting gouged.
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 2015-05-07, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

I signed up for a free trial of Schedules Direct but my NextPVR won't load any data, I don't know what i'm doing wrong. It definitely signed in to Schedules Direct.
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 2015-05-08, 07:54 PM
Veteran

Have you set the channels to use Schedules Direct? That's done under Settings > Channels > Details. The EPG source must be set to Schedules Direct for each channel. Then select the correct lineup and mapping for each channel. The channel mapping can be a little screwy. It must map exactly to the Schedules Direct string. That can be found by downloading the raw data from Schedules Direct. The channel name must sometimes be edited to match the Schedules Direct data. The most common issue I've had is with mismatched channel names between the scanned data and the Schedules Direct data.
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 2015-05-08, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Ok, now how do you download the raw data. I saw the 30 seconds of data. Does the raw data have to be a file on my computer in a preset folder name?
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 2015-05-09, 01:37 PM
Veteran

It's the 30 seconds of data. It can be used for troubleshooting channel name issues.
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 2015-05-10, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

After 2 days of not checking, suddenly the data for the IPG loaded, although my issue now is that the data for all the sub-channels is identical to the main .1 channel.
post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old 2015-05-10, 11:45 AM
Veteran

this solution has been solid for years now, it's free

http://zap2xml.awardspace.info/

SBGH/VHF Yagi rotor FM Bandstop ap-8700 preamp 4way split LG lcd.
post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old 2015-05-10, 01:53 PM
Veteran

I haven't used Schedules Direct with subchannels. It should work though. It is a solid solution once it is setup. The only problems I've ever had were a couple of channel names that didn't match and needed editing.
post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old 2015-06-01, 03:20 PM

KODI + Couchtuner

First off, I am very new to KODI.

Have tried to get Couchtuner plugin working on a Rasp PI with KODI and it will not start "says dependencies not met". Has anybody got it to work, so I do not keep banging my head on the table?

I have installed two other plugins mentioned on another website - universal and another (name escapes me right now) that are supposed to help, but did not.

Wife and I are addicted to Death in Paradise and only the first 2 seasons are on Netflix.

Thanks
post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old 2015-06-17, 09:17 PM
Rookie

Hello Steve;

Just out of curiosity do you have the Genesis add-on installed? It has the show you are interested in Death in Paradise all 4 seasons.

Thanks
post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old 2015-06-18, 09:30 AM

Search youtube for how to install fusion and the Genesis add-on is included.

Much better than Couchtuner

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.